Why do so many people think Franklin/Shamrock was fixed?

Ken was like 40-41 years old I think at this point with no knees. Which is why when he came back to the UFC he basically was a brawler with little skill. His bread and butter during his prime was his grappling, he never was a standup fighter.

I wasn't a fixed fight, I know all the fixed fights in UFC ;) , that was not one of them. There is only 3 I know of, but there is probably more..

Because TS, there were actually people that believed Ken was actually good enough that a prime Rich Franklin needed him to throw it. Anyone at this point that still believes it is delusional. Franklin could have beat Shamrock if Franklin had a 102 fever.

I was surprised by the drawing power Ken still had. his first fight against Tito did big numbers I think.
Well..ken did just came back from WWE and Pride where he looked great for the most part..even in that war against frye (changed both fighters for the worst imo) but their fight at UFC 40 saved the company iirc

That doesn't even come close to the Montreal Screwjob.

I was surprised by the drawing power Ken still had. his first fight against Tito did big numbers I think.

As @Ancient Warrior pointed out Ken was just getting back from the WWE in the highest popularity era the WWE had since the 80s. Plus the "beef" with Tito really got people hooked.

A lot of people weren't actually around back then and only watched the gif. They put that with ken being a pro wrestler and put together a narrative with no basis in reality.

As @Ancient Warrior pointed out Ken was just getting back from the WWE in the highest popularity era the WWE had since the 80s. Plus the "beef" with Tito really got people hooked.

I could have my dates all mixed up but I thought that he had left the WWE a few years earlier. Although I think he was still wrestling in some capacity in smaller orgs?.

I don't follow pro wrestling and so I really underestimated the appeal that Ken had from that.

Ken was good at promoting himself and it turned out that he had a much bigger existing fan base than I would have thought. I mean, if THAT many people were interested in the UFC in the 90's than the org would not nearly have died...

I could have my dates all mixed up but I thought that he had left the WWE a few years earlier. Although I think he was still wrestling in some capacity in smaller orgs?.

I don't follow pro wrestling and so I really underestimated the appeal that Ken had from that.

Ken was good at promoting himself and it turned out that he had a much bigger existing fan base than I would have thought. I mean, if THAT many people were interested in the UFC in the 90's than the org would not nearly have died...

He had been back in the UFC for a short while for the Tito thing. Then he signed with another pro wrestling promotion in 2002 for about a year, had another short appearance in 2004, then came back to the UFC and fought Franklin as his return fight.

He had been back in the UFC for a short while for the Tito thing. Then he signed with another pro wrestling promotion in 2002 for about a year, had another short appearance in 2004, then came back to the UFC and fought Franklin as his return fight.

thanks

When changing levels goes wrong.

End of story.

Shamrock for my real friends; real Rock for my sham friends.

The_Rock_3.jpg

Back