Why do so many people think Franklin/Shamrock was fixed?

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
And why do they keep on posting the same exact incomplete gif to validate their point?

Kentakedownfranklin.gif

There's the full fucking gif, stop posting the short one that doesn't show why Ken dropped.

That gif does not explain why he got sniped by a ghost in the stands..

So silly-- rich was the new "complete" fighter coming into fight.He wouldve beat Ken 10/10 just like anderson would do to rich...

It's just that gif- and Ken's background. It was a legit fight, but it was hard to believe that a young kid could beat Ken. Anybody who had seen Ken Shamrock finish Matt Hume with a Northern Lights Suplex-Kimura combo knew just how good Ken was. {<hhh]

I firmly believe Ken was just trying to be entertaining while attempting a super retarded move on an experienced and skilled fighter. Slipping a punch like that to dive on a leg lock......jesus christ. I can see why people thought the fight was worked but it's likely some nutty shit he had been trying in training to perfect.

He tried to throw the fight. Realised the blunder he made and tried to cover it up by grabbing the ankle. Ken is a seasoned jobber. He knows he couldn't sell that flop and improvised. He also threw the Kimbo fight. Why do people think that him going for the ankle after the fact means he didn't try to throw it?

I firmly believe Ken was just trying to be entertaining while attempting a super retarded move on an experienced and skilled fighter. Slipping a punch like that to dive on a leg lock......jesus christ. I can see why people thought the fight was worked but it's likely some nutty shit he had been trying in training to perfect.
It was a an old school move, fake going high while dropping low, that shot doesnt work anymore

That gif does not explain why he got sniped by a ghost in the stands..

Pretty sure he was just shooting in for a takedown and realized he was going to get hit as soon as he did.

Pretty sure he was just shooting in for a takedown and realized he was going to get hit as soon as he did.

Ken reflexes weren't that fast at that time of the fight lol.

I mainly attribute it to not many people watching Ken fight in Japan. if they had, they would have known that he was used up. instead, they bought into the Shamrock that they remembered from the 90's. that Ken was long gone.

Bellator took the opposite track with Frank. carefully managed his "return" so that casual fans would not realize that he was lucky to step up into the cage without blowing his ACL.

EDIT: meant SF, not Bellator. Same Coker

Last edited:
I mainly attribute it to not many people watching Ken fight in Japan. if they had, they would have known that he was used up. instead, they bought into the Shamrock that they remembered from the 90's. that Ken was long gone.

Bellator took the opposite track with Frank. carefully managed his "return" so that casual fans would not realize that he was lucky to step up into the cage without blowing his ACL.

Bingo. As I recall, by that time Ken had effectively blown out both knees.

Back