Why do professional boxers think Nate Diaz has the best boxing in UFC wtf?

The fact all of Roufusport were hyping up CM Punk's abilities should tell you exactly how much stock you should put into Ward's comments. Teammates are always going to oversell each other's abilities.

Nate was Andre Ward's main training partner when be fought southpaws and especially for the Dawson camp. He actually has fought footage/training to back up his claims

This is the hilarious part: Sherdorks actually thinking that they understand what good boxing, MT is.

Imagine going on say, a tennis forum, and having some club player nobody bring up the fact that he “trains” as if it qualified him to break down pro players. “I play tennis bro.” “Do you even play tennis?”

The funny part is most that say Nate has terrible boxing or can't box have never been in a combat sports gym or even drilled boxing lol

In terms of chin and pressure and stamina maybe I can see it. But when people think boxing they think crispy technical punches like Andrei Arlovski, I think Rose Namajunas has some of the best boxing people dont want to admit it but she does.
Much like people don't want to admit that Mighty Mouse and Valentina are by far the most complete martial artists in MMA/WMMA.

Ward is his friend and everyone else is just going with the flow.

Freddy Roach once said BJ Penn had the best boxing in the sport...

2e38f4e3556c31f31abdac2c137cb476

Nate throws better combos, he's better at body work, helmet guarding and rolling with punches which are key components of boxing but I do agree that Masvidal is better overall in boxing due to his footwork. I would rate Nate at 8/10 for MMA boxing, Mas 9, Conor 9, Dustin 9 Israel 10 possibly.

Reason why boxers say hes the best is because he's the only one they've trained with and are friends with.

I forgot about Dustin Porier, he has really good technical text book boxing. Id rank him at the top, Conor is an MMA striker in pure boxing I think Dustin would beat him in a boxing match.

Masvidal is up there as well but he doesn't rely on purely boxing like he used to anymore, but he is very good at distance and timing.

What makes nate impressive is his will to win and ability to take punishment and his cardio gets better the longer the fight goes.

Ward has actually sparred with Nate, and I'm going to defer to one of the finest boxers the sport, but I also think it might have to do with sparring vs. MMA fight.

I think a lot of people assume that what we see Nate do in MMA is reflective of his pure boxing skills, which is not necessarily the case (I would guess that it is NOT the case).

Nate may demonstrate better 'traditional' boxing skills when he just spars in boxing vs. what we see him display in MMA, which is geared towards a very different rule and skill set, where he is probably a lot less concerned about the non-pro boxing skills of his opponent (compared to sparring with someone like Ward), and which incorporates his psychological games, taunting, etc.

If we see Nate actually just box, and then we might see why pro boxers hold him in high esteem.

Nate Diaz boxing is sloppy as hell, he is a basic Mexican style pressure fighter in the mold of Antonio Margarito, all heart, balls, and chin with cardio for days.

You think what Antonio Margarito was "basic"?

Well, maybe its good in actual boxing sparring where there are no threats of kicks and takedowns.

Was gonna say this, I'm sure his boxing looks a lot cleaner when he doesn't have to think about other shit coming at him. Even then he's still one of the best boxers in MMA.

MMA striking and Boxing are very different. Same reason why you get pro kickboxers coming over the MMA and getting KO'd even though they are technically better strikers than their opponents. It's a different ball game.

Nate Diaz trains with, and is a step above, Jake Shields.

sherdoggers / mma fans don't know anything about boxing

Their knowledge on boxing is so basic for the most part that these sorts of threads are comical

The best aspect of the Diaz bro's game has always been their inside work. Just watch all Nick's strike force fights, his fight against bj, Nates fights against Conor and Pettis.

Yet you see people here say Nate's boxing sucks, essentially indicating they're only looking at the fighting done at range, none of the in between work.

The Diaz bros have never been particularly special on the outside, it's why a strategy against them has always been constant sticking and moving, never allowing them to find their range, momentum. Fighters know they do their best work on the inside, when they can start throwing some serious volume on you.

If you allow them to find that momentum and start throwing in volume, they throw some beautiful and technical combinations, both to the body and head, defend and roll well with punches, strikes and basically drown you with pressure which few can keep up with

Add that with their iron chins, high level cardio , warrior spirit / zero quit and you have a recipe for a formidable boxer. Keeping them off you in theory sounds easy enough, but very few fighters have the cardio to keep up with them. Eventually they find their rhythm and start going off

Not to say Nate has bad technique, but technique also isn't everything either. It's about effectiveness and certain attributes Nate has that I mentioned allow him to succeed even when he might be technically outmatched.

Was gonna say this, I'm sure his boxing looks a lot cleaner when he doesn't have to think about other shit coming at him. Even then he's still one of the best boxers in MMA.
Constant movement is the thing which stifles the Diaz bros

You can basically just run in an octagon

Not so much in a ring so on paper their style works better in a ring.

According to Amir Khan Nate was holding his own against a 175lb boxing world champ so it's clear the guy can hang

Because they go in a lot of Boxing gyms in Cali, its the easiest answer to give due to most boxers & trainers not knowing more than 3 MMA fighters.

In terms of chin and pressure and stamina maybe I can see it. But when people think boxing they think crispy technical punches like Andrei Arlovski, I think Rose Namajunas has some of the best boxing people dont want to admit it but she does.
You have a very limited view of what boxing is

If someone never did science they don't know science right? dont get butt hurt bud from a visual aspect Nate looks very sloppy and slow thats all I am saying. I think the reason the Boxers praise him is because he respects boxers and shows them love so its basically returning the favor.

Like I said who gives a shit what you think! You are a layman, you have no business questioning what professionals are saying about their profession when you have NO experience to to base your claims on. You are saying they are lying, and Nate isn't that good at boxing, they just say that because he is nice to them.

You are stupid, and your claim that boxers are hanging off Nate's nuts is also stupid.

Question, when have you seen Nate box?

I've always though Rumble needs to be brought up more in the best striking conversations. I've never even seen him be hit cleanly by a strike, he's got to be doing something right.

Diaz is a pretty good boxer even though he did get lit up in the second Conor fight.

But I think Masvidal is just as good.

In terms of pure boxing probably true. Nate would outbox everyone in the UFC in a pure boxing match. In the UFC/kickboxing, yea Nate will lose. But in terms of pure boxing, Nate is near the top. He's been training, sparring, preparing pro boxers for years.

I was shocked when I heard some boxers say Anderson Silva doesn't have good boxing, I forgot the boxers name but he said Anderson makes too many mistakes and said Wiedman had better boxing and used it to knock him out.

This boxer even said Nate Diaz could have been a boxing champion if he did boxing at 18 instead of UFC.. I always hear this about Nate, they said he gives boxers hell in sparring. Andre Ward said if you spar Nate you better be on your A game because he will slap you to death and pressure you non stop.

Yet Ward has been sparring Nick and Nate for 10 years and we have never seen footage.
Anderson does have sloppy boxing. He is more muay thai than boxing. You have to look at their stand up in the boxer's perspective. Wiedman has a more traditional boxer's style while Anderson is more kicboxing/muay thai.

His boxing defense is pretty terrible. He throws a basic 1-2 over and over again for the most part and then swarms when he overwhelms his opponent. His boxing skills have never been overly impressive to me, dude is extremely hittable.

Back