Why do people think Yan intentionally kneed Aljo?

Because he did, and we all saw it.

You confuse "intention" with "motivation". He intentionally kneed him. He fucking meant to throw a knee to Sterling's face in that precise moment. Whether he did because he is a mean SOB, because he didn't understand the rules, because of bad instructions from his corner, or because he had brain fart is a different discussion and doesn't really matter here.
He specifically said intentionally illegally....

If it had been the other way around, the announcers and ref would have been falling over each other trying to explain away that it was a misunderstanding.

He specifically said intentionally illegally....

That doesn't change my point one bit.

All I am saying is that he "intentionally illegally" kneed Sterling in the head. As to why he did I have no fucking clue, and I don't wanna speculate.

Well he definitely didn’t accidentally knee Aljo so...

That doesn't change my point one bit.

All I am saying is that he "intentionally illegally" kneed Sterling in the head. As to why he did I have no fucking clue, and I don't wanna speculate.
If he did it because he didn’t understand the rules or because he got bad instruction than the intent wasn’t to deliver an illegal blow.

Because he intended to throw a knee to the head. The strike was intentiional cause he consciously threw it trying to hit his opponents head. Now if you want to argue he wasn't trying to intetionally foul then sure we can talk. But he meant to throw the strike. Hence why it was ruled as it was.

It's not that complicated : throwing the knee was intentional, but making an extremely blatant foul wasn't intentional.

It's like going too fast in front the cops on a road where you are wrong about the speed limits, you intended to drive at that speed but you wouldn't have if you realized what was the actual limit : you didn't intentionally broke the rules, but you still did and you still get a ticket.

If the knee had been ruled an accidental illegal blow, would the match have ended in a NC?

No, it would not. Yan would take a point deduction and the fight would continue. Because Sterling would stop pretending that he was hurt and would want to get back in there, to try and finish the fight anyway he can before the end. Because he was loosing by points and that would be the only way for him to have a chance to get the belt.

How do I not understand the word? In my OP I wrote "Why would he intentionally illegally knee a guy he is dominating"? I know he intentionally kneed him but it's obvious he did not know it was illegal.
The only thing clear from your OP is that you used the wrong word and now you are trying to tell us that the right word is implied because obviously you wouldn't use the wrong word.

Why not just take your hit, learn something and move on? Acting like this is how you stay ignorant.

If he did it because he didn’t understand the rules or because he got bad instruction than the intent wasn’t to deliver an illegal blow.

I am starting to feel like a lawyer here.

1) The point is he threw, intentionally, an illegal blow.

2) Even if he did not know the blow was illegal, that would not in any way change the first proposition.

2) Even if he did not know the blow was illegal, that would not in any way change the first proposition.

Thread wont allow me to quote for some reason.
Anyway,
that would make a difference.

If you kick the opponent in the balls by obvious accident, then its a warning or a point deduction, or a NC if the opponent can't continue, same as with eye poke injuries.
If you kick the opponent in the balls obviously on purpose, then its a DQ.

There is a clear difference.

then you are confused about what this thread is asking and about. TS is asking if people believe yan knew it was illegal when he threw it.

It was a well placed knee, and I loved every second of it. Rematch gonna be crazy. Dana is smiling from ear to ear

It wasn't intentional. He was trying to miss with the knee, he landed on accident.

then you are confused about what this thread is asking and about. TS is asking if people believe yan knew it was illegal when he threw it.

Yan said he didn't know, and unless you can read minds, you can only go by what he says. I personally believe him because he was winning the fight, so why would he do that?

But whether he knew it or not is irrelevant. And btw he is a pro fighter and a former UFC champ, he should know the rules instead of swinging like it's fucking amateur hour.

It was a well placed knee, and I loved every second of it. Rematch gonna be crazy. Dana is smiling from ear to ear
Yan might be amateur in his understanding of rules, but he is 100% pro in his fight game. He will be clear of emotions and anger and he will put on another clinic on that faker clown's ass again, and I cant want to see that.

2dv6j2p.gif

Back