Why do people think Yan intentionally kneed Aljo?

No, it would not. Yan would take a point deduction and the fight would continue. Because Sterling would stop pretending that he was hurt and would want to get back in there, to try and finish the fight anyway he can before the end. Because he was loosing by points and that would be the only way for him to have a chance to get the belt.
The fight wasn't going to continue no matter what as Sterling wasn't ok to continue. If the knee was ruled accidental then because the fight was more than half over, it would have gone to the scorecards, with a 1-point deduction, for a technical decision.
For an intentional knee if Sterling had been able to continue it's a 2-point deduction

How do I not understand the word? In my OP I wrote "Why would he intentionally illegally knee a guy he is dominating"? I know he intentionally kneed him but it's obvious he did not know it was illegal.
The ref specifically warned him Sterling was down and then he kneed him in the head anyway. It's Yan's responsibility to know the rules.

It looked intentional to me, but only he knows what really happened. Could be him making a terrible mistake.

I hear people say this on forum and on youtube. Why would he intentionally illegally knee a guy he is dominating? He was cruising to a nice victory. This theory makes no sense to me. What am I missing here?
Because he's a fucking idiot that apparently doesn't know the rules. He had made that fight into a one sided affair at that point, and then he threw it all away like a fool.

How do I not understand the word? In my OP I wrote "Why would he intentionally illegally knee a guy he is dominating"? I know he intentionally kneed him but it's obvious he did not know it was illegal.
Honestly, not know it was illegal might be even worse. That level of ignorance from a UFC champ was totally unacceptable

He unintentionally broke the rules by ignorance, he didn’t know his opponent was down (for some reason). However, he did intentionally throw that knee and it was at a grounded fighter.

He wants Ajlo to be the first ever champ to lose 9 rounds in a row.

The fight wasn't going to continue no matter what as Sterling wasn't ok to continue.
Said sus Joe Rogan and no one else in the whole world who watched it. Cool story tho.

If the knee was ruled accidental then because the fight was more than half over, it would have gone to the scorecards, with a 1-point deduction, for a technical decision.
For an intentional knee if Sterling had been able to continue it's a 2-point deduction
I didn't know this in detail, is there an official information link for this?
But in any other way, it would be better than a belt robbery, by pretending to be incapacitated along the way with a wrong ruling by a referee. This was just a bad robbery.

How does a champion not know the rules in his own sport? Lol
This was dumb from Yan. I think this is one of the bigger reasons for him to feel bad about all of this atm, its quite a big fail.

then you are confused about what this thread is asking and about. TS is asking if people believe yan knew it was illegal when he threw it.
Exactly. Jesus christ. Some people cant read and are calling me an rtard.

If you're driving on I-80 out of colorado with some bud and go into Nebraska and get caught you're going to get arrested for possession of marijuana.

You intentionally put weed in your car and your intentionally crossed the boarder of Colorado into Nebraska. They police aren't going to care that you thought weed was legal there because ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Same concept. Yan grabbed Sterling's head and slammed his knee into his face intentionally thinking wrongfully that he was doing something legal. Ignorance is not an excuse.

It would have been different if he was aiming for Sterling's chest and accidentally hit Sterling in the face but he intended to hit Sterling in the face while on the ground with his knee because he thought it was legal.

Back