Why do people still care about the Diaz bros fighting?

agree completely. I dont know their financial situation. If they are set, then good for them. But if not, they are delusional. They are barely relevant now and will soon lose whatever selling power they have left.

I mean, even if they came back and fought, win or lose, they will just go back into hiatus and not fight again for years. They are the most inactive, inconsistent fighters ever. At least in the last 5 years or so. I just don't get why so many people want these guys fighting, and better yet, why a guy like Andy would wanna fight Nick. Have you seen his IG posts? The guy is off his rocker. I used to like the Diaz bros, but come on. If they wanted to fight, they would fight. If we stop caring maybe they would actually come back, realizing that if you don't fight you get forgotten. Active fighters that is.

The only guys that can get away with this are legends like GSP, Andy, Fedor, Jones, Conor, etc. They only fight in big fights that mean something.

Thoughts?

I dont care. That is if they never fight again and spend the rest of their days smoking so be it. Im happy for them. BUT if they decide to fight again ill tune in. Why? Because ive never seen a Diaz fight that was boring.

They are exciting fighters. We like fights (few of us do, at least).

My guess is the people that clamour for them to fight today probably smoke a lot of weed.

Nate Diaz has gone 4-4 since 2012.

Nick Diaz has gone 3-2-1 since 2011. Hasn't won since 2011. That is 8 years ago and his last fight was almost 4 years ago and that was after a two year lay off. The dude is done and turning 36 this year.

Maybe 4 years ago you could clamour for them get after it full time. But now, who cares. They got a big enough name in weed world, I would focus all my energy towards that if I was them.

Because they are (generally) entertaining in-cage and have an edge to them, and aren't a generic cookie-cutter MMAist.

That isn't everything, but it will generally make hardcore fans want to see you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back