why do people keep saying belfort will fade?

He went to the 4th round with Jones and still landed some decent shots, on 3 weeks notice. I will always wonder how he would have done if he had a full amount of time to prepare...

Uhh, by all accounts Jones is the better fighter. If Belfort had more time to prepare, Jones would have more time too.

Logically that leads to believe Jones would have won easier.

you know what they say, the best way to predict the future is to look at the past.

In his entire career, Vitor has only won TWO fights that went into the 3rd round. TWO out of EIGHT.

and only one of those two wins was against a good opponent

Never count Vitor out before the battle...

Well, because of Randy/Vitor I, Randy/Vitor III, Tito/Vitor, Jones/Vitor... just to name a few reasons.

When was that again. Four years ago?

The fights that people usually cite (Randy 3, Tito) happened in late 2004, early 2005.

I guess it never occurred to them that carrying excessive muscle on the most obvious way to make a fighter gas

Vitor is a natural MW in today's standards

UFC43Event061_display_image.jpg

Bisping is not chuck Liddell or randy couture or Tito. Totally diff style of fighter. Bisping style is.perfect for vitor to ko him and I can't wait to pull this thread back up tonight after he does it

Yea everyones argument is bones who dominated everyone he fights. So I guess shoguns cardio sucks, rampage cardio sucks, and rashads sucks. And those couture and Tito fights are like five years old

Bisping is not chuck Liddell or randy couture or Tito. Totally diff style of fighter. Bisping style is.perfect for vitor to ko him and I can't wait to pull this thread back up tonight after he does it

If Vitor wins in the later rounds then by all means do. If he wins by flash ko in the first however then you can't really say "See, I told you Vitor wouldn't fade!"

Sakuraba is smaller and broke him with strikes to the point where Vitor kept trying to pull guard.

As far as I know that has more to do with him having one (or both) of his hands broken during that fight, and not because of his gas tank

There are a lot of myths in MMA and this is one of them. Belfort just went a tough 4 rounds with Jones on 3 weeks notice. He will have plenty of gas in the tank for this fight but I do expect a finish in the 1st or second round. Belfort will hit Bisping and when he does the fight will be over

Yea everyones argument is bones who dominated everyone he fights. So I guess shoguns cardio sucks, rampage cardio sucks, and rashads sucks. And those couture and Tito fights are like five years old

More like 8 years old

Wrestling large top wrestlers of they weight class above you is usually not very good for your cardio.

Put Nick Diaz vs Chael Sonnen, or Bisping vs Phil Davis and see what happens.

As far as I know that has more to do with him having one (or both) of his hands broken during that fight, and not because of his gas tank

Never said it was to do with his gas tank. I think people tend to question his heart. When he can't finish a guy early, he has been known to mentally throw in the towel.

Belfort has never won a fight that goes past 5 minutes, that's why.

If Vitor wins in the later rounds then by all means do. If he wins by flash ko in the first however then you can't really say "See, I told you Vitor wouldn't fade!"

Ok I'll agree with you on that. But I don't see bisping doing all that well. I think his rhythm and high volume low power combination style is perfect for vitor to time and counter just like he did against Franklin

More like 8 years old

Wrestling large top wrestlers of they weight class above you is usually not very good for your cardio.

Put Nick Diaz vs Chael Sonnen, or Bisping vs Phil Davis and see what happens.

Yep ages ago

im bewildered how vitor keeps looking younger and in better shape.

five years ago he looked very old slow and as though the sport had passed him by.

if he is able to keep up with bispings pace into the 4th and 5th rounds i will be very suprised.

and thats even if the fight lasts that long. im pretty sure vitor is on something, thats just my opinion.

Back