why do people keep saying belfort will fade?

im bewildered how vitor keeps looking younger and in better shape.

five years ago he looked very old slow and as though the sport had passed him by.

if he is able to keep up with bispings pace into the 4th and 5th rounds i will be very suprised.

and thats even if the fight lasts that long. im pretty sure vitor is on something, thats just my opinion.

I think a lot of them are.

Yea everyones argument is bones who dominated everyone he fights. So I guess shoguns cardio sucks, rampage cardio sucks, and rashads sucks. And those couture and Tito fights are like five years old

I see this all the time in post fight discussions. A lot of people can't tell the difference between gassing and getting the tar beat out of you. No matter how good your cardio is, you're going to breathe hard if you've been consistently eating shots for several minutes.

Because he does in every fight he either blitzes his opponent or fights at a very slow pace like he did against Overeem in which case he will lose his only chance is to finish it early

Uhh, by all accounts Jones is the better fighter. If Belfort had more time to prepare, Jones would have more time too.

Logically that leads to believe Jones would have won easier.

Huh?

Jones had a full training camp preparing for Hendo for early september, then the fight was cancelled and it was announced he'd fiight vitor 2 weeks later.

Jones already had a full camp+ 2 weeks to prepare.

Vitors obviously the one who wasn't fully prepared. I can't believe ppl are retarded enough to actually try to argue the opposite.

More like 8 years old

Wrestling large top wrestlers of they weight class above you is usually not very good for your cardio.

Put Nick Diaz vs Chael Sonnen, or Bisping vs Phil Davis and see what happens.

Ding ding ding!!! This is precisely why Diaz will get demolished by GSP. Having to carry the weight of a larger, stronger man who is also an excellent grappler will wear anybody out. Its exactly what Okami does to people in every fight.

Because he does in every fight he either blitzes his opponent or fights at a very slow pace like he did against Overeem in which case he will lose his only chance is to finish it early

Do you have any examples in the past four or five years against people in his own weight class?

Huh?

Jones had a full training camp preparing for Hendo for early september, then the fight was cancelled and it was announced he'd fiight vitor 2 weeks later.

Jones already had a full camp+ 2 weeks to prepare.

Vitors obviously the one who wasn't fully prepared. I can't believe ppl are retarded enough to actually try to argue the opposite.

Vitor would get handled by Jones on the ground no matter how much he trained. What would have helped him is to open up more with his striking. I'm watching Jones vs. Rashad on Fuel TV right now, and its definitely possible to get inside Jones's reach and land on him if you're quick enough. Blitzing him with speed and pressure would have been a better strategy than pulling guard.

Then again, I have heard that Vitor's hand was broken before the fight. Can anyone verify that?

Do you have any examples in the past four or five years against people in his own weight class?

Did you watch him fight Anthony Johnson?

He fought him for 4 minutes and was practically hyperventilating after the fight.

He fought him for 4 minutes and was practically hyperventilating after the fight.

Yea right after he choked him out. And what did Johnson weigh in at again? He was prob a weight class bigger than him. You use a lot of energy to finish someone

Don't you guys feel like everyone's been saying that Bisping is underrated, especially recently, to the point where he just isn't underrated anymore?

Because he faded after being smothered by some of the top wrestlers of all time in a weight division above, almost 10 years ago

I guess that they must believe that Bisping will adopt the Randy or Tito's gamplan and will press the turbo button to become a physical force

I couldn't say it better. I'm not sure where this myth that Bisping is a good wrestler came from. He's an the anti-Fitch: excellent defensively, but mediocre offensively. He fights nothing like Tito or Randy. Unlike those guys, his GnP won't damage Vitor, and he is submittable. I know Bisping's never been subbed, but he doesn't have Randy level sub defense. Also, he's no threat to submit Vitor, like Jones and Sakuraba were.

I think Bisping's mediocre TDs, and his lack of effective GnP or subs, mean that Vitor will have no fear of being taken down. This will allow Vitor to open up completely with his striking, leading to 1 lucky fan catching Bisping's head in his/her lap.

Johnson is a juggernaut, had 10-15lb of muscle on Vitor that night and his gameplan consisted of giving everything he had on the first round because he would not last longer.

It does not surprise that Vitor was breathing heavy after that onslaught. However, there was nothing that indicated that he was more than ready for the next round.

Don't you guys feel like everyone's been saying that Bisping is underrated, especially recently, to the point where he just isn't underrated anymore?

Not really, this is the forum where people were saying Jorge Rivera was going to knock him out and Mayhem was going to break his arm off.

I couldn't say it better. I'm not sure where this myth that Bisping is a good wrestler came from. He's an the anti-Fitch: excellent defensively, but mediocre offensively. He fights nothing like Tito or Randy. Unlike those guys, his GnP won't damage Vitor, and he is submittable. I know Bisping's never been subbed, but he doesn't have Randy level sub defense. Also, he's no threat to submit Vitor, like Jones and Sakuraba were.

I think Bisping's mediocre TDs, and his lack of effective GnP or subs, mean that Vitor will have no fear of being taken down. This will allow Vitor to open up completely with his striking, leading to 1 lucky fan catching Bisping's head in his/her lap.

Bisping has taken down Rashad Evans, Yoshihiro Akiyama and Chael Sonnen. He isn't thebest wrestler in the world, but he's better than mediocre imo.

Bisping has taken down Rashad Evans, Yoshihiro Akiyama and Chael Sonnen. He isn't thebest wrestler in the world, but he's better than mediocre imo.

I agree his wrestling is decent. That's the only way I see him winning tonight

Carrying all that muscle isnt easy, and now apparently hes even more jacked its not gonna help.

I agree his wrestling is decent. That's the only way I see him winning tonight

It's definitely his best bet, but I have been an mma fan long enough to know never to speak in absolutes. If Bisping wins on the feet I will be surprised, but I have seen weirder things in this sport.

He tends to break mentally if things don't go his way. Watch the Couture, Sakuraba, Overeem and Jones where he flopped to guard.

I'd advise especially watching Overeem II because he was tagging Overeem and proceeded to flop to guard when he got kneed a few times. He did this against Overeem who is notorious for folding mentally if things don't go his way.

That's just because he is that good. Jones dominates everybody and the other examples are from almost a decade ago.

I'm not doubting belfort's ability to fuck people up, he's a proven KO artist but it doesn't change the fact he's never won a war of nutrition and won a fight that goes past the 1st round, I don't see anybody saying bisping's going to blow belfort out the water in the first but over time because vitor's only chance to win appears a 1st round KO. The jones comparison isn't necessary

Back