Why do people keep acting like Woodley was an underdog...

I just finished watching Making a Murderer, and I think there's probably an explanation for this

tumblr_inline_n8mcxyz3Sb1qc0sxf.gif

While many of us knew that Robbie has been in Wars, Fight of the Year Wars, we all thought it wouldn't catch up to him, we were wrong.
1.png

His last non 3 round or higher fight was 3 years ago, actually it's practically when he came back to the UFC, he has had to face everyone to decision. Before this Robbie was known as a KO artist.

Sure, you can say Robbie KO'd Rory, or TKO'd him, but that was a LONG 4 rounds that lead up to that fight.

While Tyron got to sit on his ass for a whole year, waiting for "what wuz hiz"

He was the underdog, I was rooting for Robbie but is not THAT shocking. Woodley has a lot of power and Robbie's chin has been touched by very good punches a lot of times in recent fights.

While many of us knew that Robbie has been in Wars, Fight of the Year Wars, we all thought it wouldn't catch up to him, we were wrong.
View attachment 125327

His last non 3 round or higher fight was 3 years ago, actually it's practically when he came back to the UFC, he has had to face everyone to decision. Before this Robbie was known as a KO artist.

Sure, you can say Robbie KO'd Rory, or TKO'd him, but that was a LONG 4 rounds that lead up to that fight.

While Tyron got to sit on his ass for a whole year, waiting for "what wuz hiz"
Robbie had a good run but that has nothing to do with him losing to Woodley.

Anyone that gets hit by a shot like that is going down.

Great picks man.

thanks. I was lucky besides the top 3. I was lucky. I barely knew any of the fighters on this card. I was sure about the Krylov fight too though I didn't think he'd finish Herman.

Robbie had a good run but that has nothing to do with him losing to Woodley.

Anyone that gets hit by a shot like that is going down.

It was better than how Robbie put it after the fight. Woodley got him to defend a strike that never happened and placed one on the button. Then he showed no mercy. Great job.

Because Woodley was the underdog? At least betting wise, he was.

Back