Why do people keep acting like Woodley was an underdog...

dickcheney

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
...when I had picked woodley to win this easily?

I was a super longtime fan impressed with his wrestling match against Hendricks and his strike force deep hip takedowns

AND NEW!!!!!!
hqdefault.jpg

he was the underdog. no mystery here fella.

you're not the only one that picked him dummy, stop bragging.

purely comparing Woodley's recent fights to Lawler's recent fights, it's clear that Lawler was the better fighter.

What people were not taking into account was the wear n' tear that Lawler was accumulating in the 5 round bangfests he was involved in again and again.

Comparatively Woodley wasn't taking a lot of damage because:

1) he was facing less talented strikers

2) he would win smoothly

3) he would loose without taking too much damage

4) his career hasn't been as long (in MMA)

I'll be sure to have the odds makers check in with you before they set the lines.

Last edited:
Well he was on what...a year and half layoff and his last fight was a decision win against Gastelum? I'd be a tad bit skeptical of his chances too.

lmao how did people fall for this

It's a picture of fucking Din Thomas to boot

Show us your bet slip then since you were so sure Captain hindsight

Show us your bet slip then since you were so sure Captain hindsight
Sorry bud, my extra money goes into my 401k

Edit: but on my last check to my 401k in the note section I put "twood gonna get dat gold"

I had Tyron KO'ing Robbie in round 1, Robbie takes too much damage, I knew that chin would crack.

Woodley was only a +110 underdog.

The line was almost even. This was anyone's fight.

I had Tyron KO'ing Robbie in round 1, Robbie takes too much damage, I knew that chin would crack.
2 weeks ago I was talking to James in accounting, "if Nick Diaz can one shot Robbie then twood def got this, plus he doesn't have the wear and tear that Robbie went through in the last 18 mos"

Because he was the underdog. There were a lot of factors against him. Robbie had been active and beaten Rory Mac, the same guy who easily beat Tyron. Tryon had been sitting on the sideline for a year plus and his last win was a close decision over Kelvin Gastelum. I honestly though Robbie would finish Woodley in the fourth round since he gets stronger as the fights go on and Tyron has been known to slow down. I was definitely not expecting a first round KO.

You picking Woodley has nothing to do with him being the obvious underdog.

Also, dumb troll thread.

Back