Why Do People Get So Mad When They Say Mcgregor Is The First UK Champ?

McGregor isn't a champ and he's not from the UK. Does that answer your question? Never actually heard anyone refer to him as part of the UK, though, tbh.

1937 called and wants its constitution recognised.

I think there are more than two Irish people. There's at least 3, even 4.

I think that's about right. The rest fucked off to England to work. A load of people taking advantage of Irish tax laws moved in in their place.

It doesnt make me mad, but he's not a champion of anything.

He has a chance to be the champ if he beats Aldo, but until then he's still just a contender.

No its not correct. God help Geography.

Our fighters in the UK are an embarrassment and a reflection of the selfie culture, they spend more time mouthing off with fake antics and drama than they do training, they take more bruises on twitter than they do in the actual fight ffs.

They are posers not real warriors, I really hate what UK MMA has become, instead of getting by on talent and victories they can't fight so they sell drama instead.

Mcgregor is a top fighter, he's well off being out of the "UK label", he's Irish not British.

It's like I pointed out in a similar thread before, modern Irish athletes like McGregor have benefited tremendously from the infrastructure that the British empire created from it's 120 odd rule over there. Ireland was pure peasant country prior to British rule. Poverty was rife, people were starving, but thankfully the British came along and changed all that.

Union bless.

McGregor isn't a champ and he's not from the UK. Does that answer your question? Never actually heard anyone refer to him as part of the UK, though, tbh.

The BBC did sort of.

It's like I pointed out in a similar thread before, modern Irish athletes like McGregor have benefited tremendously from the infrastructure that the British empire created from it's 120 odd rule over there. Ireland was pure peasant country prior to British rule. Poverty was rife, people were starving, but thankfully the British came along and changed all that.

Union bless.

God save the Queen. England prevails.

wr17.jpg

The BBC did sort of.

What is this famous BBC claiming McGregor to be Irish thing? Can't find it anywhere. When have BBC even mentioned MMA? let a lone McGregor lol. BT Sport who cover MMA in the UK can't even bring themselves to mention it unless it is between 12 am and 6 am so i can't see the BBC jumping on board.

Are you sure it's not the usual case of 'Irish pretending British are interested in them' scenario?

Union bless.

emb1.gif

What is this famous BBC claiming McGregor to be Irish thing? Can't find it anywhere. When have BBC even mentioned MMA? let a lone McGregor lol. BT Sport who cover MMA in the UK can't even bring themselves to mention it unless it is between 12 am and 6 am so i can't see the BBC jumping on board.

Are you sure it's not the usual case of 'Irish pretending British are interested in them' scenario?

They have done the occasional article (very occasional, granted) on MMA.

No. It's the usual case of British clamouring on to any sports star they can scenario.

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/bbc-claims-dublin-world-champ-conor-mcgregor-for-the-uk-31372574.html

Back