• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why do modern UFC fighters resort to height insult?

is an extension of LMS, Little Man Syndrome.

edit: also known as a Napoleon complex.

while it doesn't afflict all height- challenged men, it consumes many, subconsciously.

they find themselves trying to prove to the world, but ultimately themselves, that just because they're smaller doesn't mean they're less a man.

pointing out those smaller than they are is just one of the results.

I remember Cruz making fun of Faber's height repeatedly
Like chill, you're both hobbits
<{cruzshake}>

Ya in my experience it is far more likely a guy who is a manlet himself who throws out the manlet insult for any guy an inch or more shorter than himself.

I think it is a way for them to feel the label does not apply to them as 'look there are guys shorter than me'.

I am not saying tall guys won't goof on them too, as they obviously do, but it more just joking or to pile on a joke more often from the taller guys. I find manlets are the ones to more often introduce and use it in a more serious way to try to really demean.

Then why does no one care about Naoya Inoue? Lol
They actually do lol. He's a big name in boxing and respected by boxing fans. He's just not properly promoted, blame Arum and Top Rank for that. They aren't great at promoting their fighters. Same issues Crawford had and that's why he left. Floyd bought out his own contract from Arum and PAC left Top Rank as well. Top Rank has a solid stable, just needs better promotion. Arum is too old school and not really understanding the new generation and new promotional measures that he could be doing. Top Rank with someone else in charge would be the best boxing promotion.

But was it like this in the 2000s?

Usually you got shitted on for not being jacked or ripped. Height was never an issue.

Is it though?

See that's the thing, its mainly the smaller guys and Colby who also called out Dustin for fighting little guys.

I think dating apps are responsible. They’ve given us real data on what women want, and on height at least that data is crystal clear.

is an extension of LMS, Little Man Syndrome.

edit: also known as a Napoleon complex.

while it doesn't afflict all height- challenged men, it consumes many, subconsciously.

they find themselves trying to prove to the world, but ultimately themselves, that just because they're smaller doesn't mean they're less a man.

pointing out those smaller than they are is just one of the results.

Fair. Kinda how people who are low in socioeconomic status often punch down on outsiders most zealously.

Height seems like an extremely big deal now a days. But UFC fighters are supposed to be mature and secure in their ability to defend themselves. But Conor insults fighters heights and Masdival called Conor a little dude.

Was this like this in the 2000s?

I don't remember people shitting on Sean Sherk, Matt Hughes or BJ Penn for being 5,9 or so. Is it a culture thing that made it to the MMA?
Seriously? This is the wrong place to complain. Sherdoggers love making fun of guys' heights, both fighters and non-fighters. So, they will hardly mind when a fighter does it himself. Probably derive chuckles from it.

because we're not allowed to make fun of people for being fat or gay anymore. Height is all that is left.

Back