• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why do modern UFC fighters resort to height insult?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Height seems like an extremely big deal now a days. But UFC fighters are supposed to be mature and secure in their ability to defend themselves. But Conor insults fighters heights and Masdival called Conor a little dude.

Was this like this in the 2000s?

I don't remember people shitting on Sean Sherk, Matt Hughes or BJ Penn for being 5,9 or so. Is it a culture thing that made it to the MMA?

As someone who is 5'7, this is just what you're gonna be made fun of for if someone is trying to roast you, it's not an MMA thing lol

But was it like this in the 2000s?

Usually you got shitted on for not being jacked or ripped. Height was never an issue.

Most of them don't.

Is it though?

I remember Cruz making fun of Faber's height repeatedly
Like chill, you're both hobbits
<{cruzshake}>

See that's the thing, its mainly the smaller guys and Colby who also called out Dustin for fighting little guys.

You've never seen a horse race have you
I knew someone was gonna bring that up as soon as I posted it

Difference is you don't really see the Jockeys next to normal size people often

?

With the Uvalde school shooting and Ukraine war, this is the most pertinent issue on your mind.

I’m thinking this is an issue for you because it may be a sore spot. May I ask, are you a midget.

Both topics are off-limits and belong in the war room + It pertains to modern culture that has spilled over to the UFC.

I am 5,8 and so according to guys like Conor (5,9) and Masdival (5,10) I would be considered a tiny little guy.

But was it like this in the 2000s?

Usually you got shitted on for not being jacked or ripped. Height was never an issue.

Is it though?

See that's the thing, its mainly the smaller guys and Colby who also called out Dustin for fighting little guys.
There are literally hundreds of fighters on the UFC roster. The vast majority of them don't even really talk shit at all, let alone specific height-based insults.

No other sport really has child sized men competing
770c8841-untitled-design-53.jpg

Back