Why do GSP fans want him to fight McGregor so badly?

I think everyone knows GSP beats Conor easliy much rather see him fight Ferguson or Khabib

Gsp deserves ever penny he can make. He fought animals for years, didn't bitch and moan constantly like DJ. He deserves a money fight to go into retirement with.

TS needz to stop making sh!t up GSP fans care nothing about seeing this fight....

It's a shame Anderson pissed hot twice.... He should also be getting big money fights :(

In fact, he said, [EDIT]“Everybody is asking me this question. You’re not the only one,” St-Pierre said Thursday on a special edition of The MMA Hour. “I always ask the same: Why is everybody asking this question? He’s competing in different weight classes than I am.

“I’m not the kind of guy who, as a fighter, I don’t challenge guys that compete in smaller weight classes. I think it makes you look bad. I don’t want to do this, and I’m very happy for Conor. He raised the bar for all of us.”

If this fight happens, it's not going to be on any initiative by GSP.

Thats a good point, but I think this is a front more than anything else. GSP is very mindful of his image, and does not want to look like a bully calling out smaller guys.

But he did fight BJ Penn when Penn was the seemingly unbeatable LW champ. BJ was a smaller man. They did have a history, though.

I think GSP would be extremely happy if Conor called him out, let's put it that way. GSP looks smaller as of late. I think LW may be in his crosshairs. Gonna be tough to for McGregor to igmore if GSP can make 155...see where this is going?

Thats a good point, but I think this is a front more than anything else. GSP is very mindful of his image, and does not want to look like a bully calling out smaller guys.

But he did fight BJ Penn when Penn was the seemingly unbeatable LW champ. BJ was a smaller man. They did have a history, though.

I think GSP would be extremely happy if Conor called him out, let's put it that way. GSP looks smaller as of late. I think LW may be in his crosshairs. Gonna be tough to for McGregor to igmore if GSP can make 155...see where this is going?
The point is that McGregor is going to have to man up and call out GSP to get this fight, and I don't think he will because he knows he'll get smashed, and in any event, this matchup is not foremost on the minds of GSP fans, contrary to the stupid assertion in the OP.

Last edited:
Back