Why didn't silva continue attacking the body?!?!

Are you implying that Silva wasn't COMPLETELY gassed before the first round came to a close? Or that it's not a complete brain fart to crumple someone with body shots the, instead of continuing to attack the body, choose to engage in a grappling battle? Acknowledging Silva's horrible cardio and fight IQ isn't inherently an attack on Brown.

Brown is known for toughness and questionable submission defense; In hindsight Silva obviously shouldn't have gone for the choke, but given what we new before the fight I think it was an understandable choice.
Also, while Silva's cardio clearly isn't good, I think has was hurt as much as he was gassed

He was in survival mode the moment Brown escaped the choke and stood up. He gassed like someone in the 5th round of a war at the end of the 1st after nearly finishing his opponent. Not good

It's really easy to say what you would have done, or what he should have done. But actually being in there and doing it, is something completely different.

It's really easy to say what you would have done, or what he should have done. But actually being in there and doing it, is something completely different.

Silva didnt hit the body because actually doing is a completely different thing ??

and that means....

He was too busy trying to breath. Not to mention Brown was all over him.

I give Matt all the credit, but you idiots lack objective critical thinking. Silva should have gone for body shots, not hammer fists to the head and a choke attempt. Had Silva started throwing knees to the body, or punches to the body, or layed and wore down Matt on top for a bit, the fight would have either ended in the first, or went much different.

Matt lowered his hands to protect his body in the 3rd...but I do think silva had a few opportunities in the second round to deliver more body shots.

I think the dude lost any recollection of what happened before he was getting his butt whooped.

He shoulda just started soccer kicking brown after the first knockdown.

Ref woulda stopped it.

Looks like many people hit on the point I thought, he doesn't have that finishing skill. When he put him down in the 1st he threw some good shots, but transitioned to weaker ones just as the ref looked like he may stop it, maybe he thought the volume would be enough, but it just allowed Matt to get up. After that he should have went for the body if not to finish him to at least get him to guard the body and open up the head.

After that round you can see he was dead tired and was just trying to stay alive.

Silva didnt hit the body because actually doing is a completely different thing ??

and that means....

No, what I'm saying is all these people on these forums are saying what they would have done during the fight. That is a easy thing to do saying what you would have done, being in there and actually doing it is something different.

Back