Why Didn't Aldo, GSP, Anderson or Jones Ever Go for a Second Title?

Anderson fucked up the fight of the century after his shits show of a performance against Maia and his constant ducking of Jones

He made the #1 contender look like he had no business being in the cage with him. The same guy who destroyed the guy that gave him his toughest fight. If it hadn't happened were it did Dana would have loved that fight. It had no bearing on how anyone would have felt about a GSP superfight.

Show me one example of the guy being "ducked" ever said he wanted that fight.

He made the #1 contender look like he had no business being in the cage with him. The same guy who destroyed the guy that gave him his toughest fight. If it hadn't happened were it did Dana would have loved that fight. It had no bearing on how anyone would have felt about a GSP superfight.

Show me one example of the guy being "ducked" ever said he wanted that fight.

Neither GSP nor Anderson nor Jones ever went up in weight to fight a current champion. There's a reason for that - weight divisions are there for a reason. If someone mentions one, they have to mention all three. Along with Hughes, Barao, Aldo (though that might be changing), Liddell, and just about every UFC champ except Penn and McGregor.

It seems fighters seem to think weight is a bigger issue than fans do. No idea why that would be, I guess fighters aren't as tough and brave as fans. Lets face it, its a lot easier to get into the cage than it is to make comments on an Internet forum.

Aldo and Jones can still go for two belts and they are already trying to do so obviously with Aldo, and Jones saying recently that he'd fight the HW champ if it was close to his size.

GSP dominated 170 and it was constantly breeding contenders so there wasn't a need for GSP to go anywhere, but he did duck Anderson.

Anderson never moved up because the LHW division was so stacked and the LHW champ was always busy with new contenders or the title was switching hands. Plus when Anderson could have moved up towards the end of his reign, Jones was the new 205 king and Silva said himself he wanted none of that.

Back