Why didn’t o’malley’s knockdown against yan count?

RonDante

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I saw a comment that basically said o malley won the 2nd round of the yan fight, not the 1st, becuase he punched yan and yan dropped to his knees.

I rewatch that round and yes, 30 seconds in O’Malley punches yan and yan drops to his knees, but the stats never scored it a knockdown.

Why?

Yeah I remember I had Yan winning rounds 1 and 3 and O'Malley the 2nd. I don't know and don't care what officially counts as a knockdown, I'm sure Yan wasn't taking a knee against injustice or something. Either way he had him rocked. Very fun fight.

He only dropped to one knee. His other foot still had contact. Knockdown by unified rules is when another part of the body touches the mat without the feet.

O’Malley really did touch Yan up in that fight. It’s not the robbery that many make it out to be.

Just rewatched it because I could not remember him being dropped. At certain angles during the replays it looks like panic wrestling and he was hit on the way down. It might not be popular to say, but I think it could have been ruled either way. Giving some douchebag judges the benefit of the doubt, but it can be hard to score live.

I saw a comment that basically said o malley won the 2nd round of the yan fight, not the 1st, becuase he punched yan and yan dropped to his knees.

I rewatch that round and yes, 30 seconds in O’Malley punches yan and yan drops to his knees, but the stats never scored it a knockdown.

Why?
Are you thinking that a knockdown automatically wins you a 10-8 like in boxing? That's not how it works in MMA.

If his knockdown counts than Yan should have got a knockdown for bitchtossing him to the ground that same round.

O’Malley fans are reaching for other fights now to find solace in their torn holes.

The way they gather statistics is arbitrary at best. They also said Max didn't get dropped by Gaethje, when he clearly did.

They did that shit Conor in thr Alvarez fight. He knocked him down 5 times but only got credited for 3.

SAk41.gif

He only dropped to one knee. His other foot still had contact. Knockdown by unified rules is when another part of the body touches the mat without the feet.

O’Malley really did touch Yan up in that fight. It’s not the robbery that many make it out to be.
Where in the unified rules does it say that I can’t find it

If his knockdown counts than Yan should have got a knockdown for bitchtossing him to the ground that same round.

O’Malley fans are reaching for other fights now to find solace in their torn holes.
I was happy o malley lost to merab. And pushing or pulling someone to the ground should never count as a knockdown

I bet on Yan and admit he lost this fight. I thought Yan was going to destroy O'Malley and was shocked to see O'Malley winning several exchanges. Close fight but O'Malley took it.

I bet on Yan and admit he lost this fight. I thought Yan was going to destroy O'Malley and was shocked to see O'Malley winning several exchanges. Close fight but O'Malley took it.
I mean, I’m not even saying o malley definitely won. I’m just asking why that sequence wasn’t counted as a knockdown. If that’s a real knockdown then I would give the round to o malley

Unified rules are stupid. Need to change it so that a knockdown counts when any part of your body touches the mat. Feet included. <seedat>

Back