Why did Wonderboy defeat Hendricks with relative ease while GSP struggled?

machidafan99

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
GSP has a karate background too. What was the difference?
Was it game plan? Reach/length? Talent?
Did hendricks get worse since his hospital stay?
Thoughts?

USADA might have something to do with it, wear and tear plus the fact for fought a Karate masta!

Why did Bader lose to Glover while beating Rashad?

What kinda thread is this

GSP wasn't fighting the likes of Jon Fitch or Dan Hardy anymore.

I think Wonderboy was a lot more agressive, in a way that most people (smartly enough) haven't been against Hendricks. Seems like Carlos Condit has the closest style to Wonderboy I think but he was a lot less agressive.

9189283.jpg

wonderboy kicked like a helicopter, and hendricks looked TINY.
it was like a grown up man beating and kicking the shit out a jr high student.

Lets not pretend that because they both have a Karate background their striking is on the same level...

This. I love me some GSP, but let's not pretend his striking background is even remotely similar to that of Wonderboy. Having done the same sport (not even sure if it was the same style of karate) does not mean you were equally good at it.

Hendricks looked gassed after about 30 seconds and stood in the range of Wondeboy's kicks. The knockout was bound to happen with that stupid gameplan.

GSP doesn't have as good Kickboxing or Karate skills like Wonderboy has, not even close. GSP is more of a brain and a wrestler in the cage.

Simple, GSP became too GSP, Jack of all trades/Master of None. Both are black belts in their respective Kyokushin/Kickboxing whatever, but Wonderboy fully utilizes his god given gift of LONG FUCKING LEGS.
YJTo1iQkXA0sE.gif

R8a0s4cH1H0Qg.gif

5EopqQVZTzJ1m.gif

4ofljpMbuXB16.gif

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

Those long fucking legs, which have sniper accuracy, and fucking power beyond measure not only kept Big Rig away and sapped his energy but MADE Big Rig fall back 10 steps to recover and he had to make up that distance, only to be punished again.

I think Wonderboy was a lot more agressive, in a way that most people (smartly enough) haven't been against Hendricks. Seems like Carlos Condit has the closest style to Wonderboy I think but he was a lot less agressive.
i think the hendricks that showed up against wonderboy would have lost to the condit who arguably beat lawler

Simple, GSP became too GSP, Jack of all trades/Master of None. Both are black belts in their respective Kyokushin/Kickboxing whatever, but Wonderboy fully utilizes his god given gift of LONG FUCKING LEGS.
YJTo1iQkXA0sE.gif

R8a0s4cH1H0Qg.gif

5EopqQVZTzJ1m.gif

4ofljpMbuXB16.gif

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

Those long fucking legs, which have sniper accuracy, and fucking power beyond measure not only kept Big Rig away and sapped his energy but MADE Big Rig fall back 10 steps to recover and he had to make up that distance, only to be punished again.

great gifs m8

GSP style chnage so much over the year, he really became a jabber/Wrestler only. Pre-Serra GSP was such an agressive striker

Hendricks looked gassed after about 30 seconds and stood in the range of Wondeboy's kicks. The knockout was bound to happen with that stupid gameplan.

Everytime he went in he got hit.

That just MIGHT have something to do with it.

Back