Why did Wonderboy defeat Hendricks with relative ease while GSP struggled?

Why did Rumble defeat Gus with relative ease while JBJ struggled?

It's crazy once you realize Wonderboy has effectively turned his right high kick into a Muay Thai Teep. He's so good at controlling Big Rig with it. Heck you still gotta give it up to Big Rig for blocking as much as he could, wonder what his forearm looks like.

Sherdog pre-fight: "Man, Hendricks looks like he's in the best shape of his life. Wonderboy will get wrestlefucked."
Sherdog post fight: "Hendricks was off the juice. He looked so small."

i noticed this historical revisionism as well

I dont think so. Really he just started facing better fighters. He wrestled alot in his pre serra days,but why bother wrestling with hughes when you can knock him out. Why strike with Alves when you can take him down? He fought smarter when he had to go 5 rounds all the time,and prevented a serra thing from happening again...but alves,fitch,diaz,hendricks,condit...those guys are all hard to finish,and GSP fought the smart fight against them.

GSP outstruck Alves though? In total and all rounds except the fourth, so he did in fact strike with Alves.

Because GSP was an overrated, can-crushing point fighter who got exposed.

Everybody loses for a plethora of reasons, this is the dumbest conversation I ever saw. lol

I don't get the question, are they supposed to be somehow similar fighters? They are not.

GSP is well ahead in wrestling. Wonderboy is miles above in striking. GSP agrees with it.

Back