Why did the UFC sign Mark Hunt?

D

Drake

I'm looking at his record...when they got him he was 5-6 on a five fight losing streak. Is it just his "name" & from beating Mirko & Wanderlei? Not bashing him at all. He's becoming a much better mixed martial artist & is fun to watch. This just confused me.

He was part of the Pride deal.

When the UFC absorbed Pride...Mark Hunt was part of the package.

They actually wanted him to stay at home and they would pay him for doing nothing.....but he chose to come over and earn his living.

He had a contract and chose to get his fights and not take the buyout. Props to Hunt!

Dana explained it once. The contract he signed with Pride extended to the UFC when they bought them out, and they honored it by giving him the fights

Good fucking thing

When they bought Pride he still had a 2-3 fight contract with Pride and the UFC automatically obtained it, they wanted to simply pay him his money and send him on hos way but he insisted that he wanted to earn it and fight,

Because of the legality of the contract the UFC owed Mark fights so they had to do whatever he wanted

He was part of the Pride deal.

When the UFC absorbed Pride...Mark Hunt was part of the package.

They actually wanted him to stay at home and they would pay him for doing nothing.....but he chose to come over and earn his living.

Ahhhh. Makes sense. This thread ended quickly.

I'm thinking a bunch of Mark Hunt fans are going to lash out at you, TS.

Dana tried to pay him NOT to fight. You can't stop the legend that is Mark Hunt*

*assuming no submission holds rules in effect.

It's in the UFC fine print, anyone who can take a Cro Cop head kick and remain conscious gets a chance at the big show.

Cro Cop is now employed by the UFC, each day 100's of young hopefuls congregate to test their chins and stake their claim. It's known in the industry as 'population control'.

Cause he's bad ass. Also, his record looks bad but most of his losses were against pretty stiff competition for a new MMA fighter... Fedor, Barnett, Overeem, Manhoef, Mousasi. That's like murderers row.

Anyways he's been doing well in the UFC so it worked out fine

I'm looking at his record...when they got him he was 5-6 on a five fight losing streak. Is it just his "name" & from beating Mirko & Wanderlei? Not bashing him at all. He's becoming a much better mixed martial artist & is fun to watch. This just confused me.

Better question is, why did they even bother signing CroCop?

He knew he was good enough to at least earn a UFC roster spot. And he's exciting as hell.

Better question is, why did they even bother signing CroCop?

Crocop was top 3 HW at that point having just won the Pride GP. He was fucking bad ass but completely changed in the UFC. I've never seen anything like it.

Crocop was top 3 HW at that point having just won the Pride GP. He was fucking bad ass but completely changed in the UFC. I've never seen anything like it.

JDS' round 1 performance in his recent bout with Velasquez summarizes Crocop's career.

His Pride contract wasnt up. They were required to give him a fight. He is lucky how things turned out.

huntsatomicbuttdropud4.gif

Cause he's bad ass. Also, his record looks bad but most of his losses were against pretty stiff competition for a new MMA fighter... Fedor, Barnett, Overeem, Manhoef, Mousasi. That's like murderers row.

Anyways he's been doing well in the UFC so it worked out fine

ye his losses were against top comp @ the time

Back