• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why did the masking situation effect lower income people more?

It’s to hide their shameful faces. One thing Asians and poverty stricken Americans have in common is mangled teeth.

Because they help stop the transmission of flu. People from Asian countries were wearing masks long before COVID

I have noticed there is a very significant portion of the lower income class that still wear masks, even in places where it is not needed such as driving or walking alone. I have also noticed there are a good portion of children still wearing them to school. Why do you think this is? Im not here to discuss the effectiveness of the mask itself but the underlying cause of why it still seems to be engrained into the lower class? At this point I usually assume you are up to something if your wearing a mask in public and under 30. Every protest, people wearing masks. These people act like it makes them invisible or its some sort of shield.

What are your guys thoughts on the subject?
I don't notice any of this.

I only notice older folks at the supermarket wearing masks

Low income = distrust of government, which has allowed them to see past the anti-mask psyop and recognise the importance of defeating the digital passport facial tracking cameras.

More likely to use public transportation

Allergies

Can less afford to get sick

I personally know some people who loved the masks and continued using them after covid. Granted the political theater about them was and is pathetic, I didn't like wearing them and avoided it when I could, but you know everyone has their own opinion.

The quality of air in poorer areas is worse, that could be a factor also. And what @HenryFlower wrote above.

EDIT: for the pathetic look at the moron just above this post
- I loved them. I look like Joe Armstrong in American Ninja. And i think is more higienic, if people doesn't go around with their nose running secretion(in the case of cold).

I have noticed there is a very significant portion of the lower income class that still wear masks, even in places where it is not needed such as driving or walking alone. I have also noticed there are a good portion of children still wearing them to school. Why do you think this is? Im not here to discuss the effectiveness of the mask itself but the underlying cause of why it still seems to be engrained into the lower class? At this point I usually assume you are up to something if your wearing a mask in public and under 30. Every protest, people wearing masks. These people act like it makes them invisible or its some sort of shield.

If you can't afford to get sick, sometimes you want to avoid taking any chances, no matter how slight.

Just a guess.

I could be wrong. But I’d say that people with higher paying jobs were able to work from home quite a bit and therefore thought it was a great idea if people wore masks all the time. The people that had to go into the workplace and mask were pissed they had to mask at work and also when they went shopping etc. there were also people who lost money because they got sick and had to wait a week before they were cleared to work. Who knows.

I wore a mask while cleaning my air conditioner coils last Saturday, and also
wore a mask multiple time during sterile procedures at work last week.
I also post on this dying forum called Sherdog.
These things place me in the low intelligence category.

Lower income people rely on daddy government to take care of them, they don't really take care of themselves.

Uncle Sam says wear a mask, they don't question it.

Also overall lower iq. Not everyone, but overall.

C'mon man!!

620x-1.jpg

I could be wrong. But I’d say that people with higher paying jobs were able to work from home quite a bit and therefore thought it was a great idea if people wore masks all the time. The people that had to go into the workplace and mask were pissed they had to mask at work and also when they went shopping etc. there were also people who lost money because they got sick and had to wait a week before they were cleared to work. Who knows.

Omg... I totally forgot about the quarantine periods... lol

My kids had a field day at school.

Another kid in class tested positive... everyone home for a week.

I only see people wearing them in the Whole Foods parking lot when I drive by.

Just a guess, but poor people tend to have more underlying health issues that would be exacerbated by covid. This is partially a result of being under Insured and letting chronic health issues fester.

The overwhelming majority of people that I see still wearing masks are young 20-30 somethings (you know, the ones with a near 0% chance of dying from covid, like the OG covid not the newer far less deadly strains.) Sometimes I'll see elderly people wearing them in grocery stores but that doesn't happen very often.

Back