Why did the crowd attack the fan man from the Bowe Holyfield fight?

Bowe's buddies were hood af. They started a riot in the Golota fight too. Imagine Helenius fans doing that when Kownacki was DQ'ed? Your guy was rewarded the win, that is punishment enough. The poor parachute dude got KO'd too and they still kept wailing on him, which is the ultimate thug move along with soccer kicking an already KO'd person in the head. I do not think anyone was charged with assaulting him. Unless you are in imminent danger, there is no reason to assault someone.

Last edited:
the jesse jackson part is funny, no one wants to kill jesse. Lampley is hysterical as a woman, leave it to him to come up with shit like that.
I find the idea that the guys who started beating the stuntman were thinking about Monica Seles.

Reminds me of when I was back in upper grade school, for absolutely no reason the classroom would sometimes just go apeshit when the teacher had to go for a few minutes, once we even started just fighting each other and throwing school supplies at each other.

It’s a chain reaction thing that is hard to stop, like when you are in weddings with your friends and someone pushes someone at the dance floor then it becomes a full on battle royale. Deep inside people just want an excuse to go violent but wont do it because there are consequences. But when there aren’t any (they knew if they start hitting the fan man no one is actually going to punish them for it)

Sadly, deep inside, we are all dumb animals, just look at the sport whe follow for gods sake

protecting athletes and new security guidelines (after the seles attack) was big in the news and people were sensitive
pair that with bowes entourage and you have a party

I never quite understood the reaction from the crowd. If I had been a bystander I imagine my reaction to be just completely dumbfounded and probably laugh at how absurd it all was. I can't imagine some dork landing near me in a parachute and my immediate reaction to go and fuck him up lol. Did he accidentally land on top of someone and kick somebody or something?

Because he came down with a running blade and flying equipment that could've seriously hurt or killed lots if people or somebody they were angry because he could've killed someone & Bowe's wife was pregnant and fainted had to be taken to the hospital.

Because he came down with a running blade and flying equipment that could've seriously hurt or killed lots if people or somebody they were angry because he could've killed someone & Bowe's wife was pregnant and fainted had to be taken to the hospital.
Reminds me, futch also had some issue.

This is human nature some people act differently than others when certain dangerous situations happen, like accidents or people punting others in danger including themselves, alcohol excitement plays rolls loved ones almost being injured because certain people doing stupid things trigger violence people want to hurt the one doing life threatening things especially if their family is involved, while others are calm and don't get violent, there's different types of people those who act violently and those who are level headed rational and don't do something stupid, if they would've accidentally seriously injured that guy or killed him because of anger, alcohol, they would've seen serious jail time, let the authorities handle the situation, just hold the guy until the authorities arrive, don't do something you will regret later.

I never quite understood the reaction from the crowd. If I had been a bystander I imagine my reaction to be just completely dumbfounded and probably laugh at how absurd it all was. I can't imagine some dork landing near me in a parachute and my immediate reaction to go and fuck him up lol. Did he accidentally land on top of someone and kick somebody or something?

I watched this fight as it was happening. If I remember correctly, the man landed on Bowe’s pregnant wife.

Because it was months after Monica Seles was attacked and stabbed during a tennis match by a crazy guy.

I am sure that was in the back of people's minds when Fan Man landed in the ring.

Bowe and friends are your typical thugs.
This much is true. I worked a fight card with Bowe on it back in 1989 & his manager, Rock Newman & the people he surrounded Bowe with were all thugs. They had frequent squabbles amongst themselves & with other people, trashed their hotel rooms, stole shit from the venue & all sorts of other dumb, unprofessional shit. They were awful to deal with.

This much is true. I worked a fight card with Bowe on it back in 1989 & his manager, Rock Newman & the people he surrounded Bowe with were all thugs. They had frequent squabbles amongst themselves & with other people, trashed their hotel rooms, stole shit from the venue & all sorts of other dumb, unprofessional shit. They were awful to deal with.
Rock Newman’s poopy ass is the person most responsible for robbing boxing of the Bowe-Lewis fight too. They promised the first title shot and then offered a 10%-90% split. What a cocksmoker.

Not surprising to be honest, would've been interesting though.

I think Rock Newman who was Bowes manager at the time was one of the guys that started beating on him if I’m not mistaken. At that point Bowe was winning the fight and the fan man disrupted his momentum…

Rock Newman’s poopy ass is the person most responsible for robbing boxing of the Bowe-Lewis fight too. They promised the first title shot and then offered a 10%-90% split. What a cocksmoker.
Never heard this. 10-90 is just absurd

Reactions: JSN

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back