Why did the crowd attack the fan man from the Bowe Holyfield fight?

cause he was an asshole who interrupted an awesome fight by trying to do a stupid stunt. fuck him

Never heard this. 10-90 is just absurd
It’s even worse than that too. This article is a bit editorialized, but it goes into details.

Another absurd highlight is that Newman offered Lewis’ camp a winner take all purse. Lewis agreed, and then Bowe’s camp never responded to them again.

Last edited:
I don't remember them making an offer but they dumped the WBC belt in a garbage can rather than face Lewis.

I never understood that but ok now it seems his management was just some dumb low level thugs. Sure Lewis was very dangerous but if any boxer had the skills to be competitive it was prime Bowe. Very good at fighting long but also a monster in the infight. Would imo have been Lewis toughest challenge.

I never understood that but ok now it seems his management was just some dumb low level thugs. Sure Lewis was very dangerous but if any boxer had the skills to be competitive it was prime Bowe. Very good at fighting long but also a monster in the infight. Would imo have been Lewis toughest challenge.
I agree. There might have been some nervousness there because Lennox stopped him as an amateur but the Bowe that won the title, and for a couple of years afterwards until he lost focus, was one of the most dangerous HWs of all time IMO.

Yeah, at no time in US history has a charismatic Black leader with a huge following been the target of an assassin. The USA is far too civilized for that right?

Nobody would want to kill Jesse Jackson these days, but back then the brother was considered quite uppity by some of our Southern Cousins.
lawl, we got King, Huey, and X.

2/3 killed by their own. Anyone else you want to add to the list or we just going to spout unfounded conspiracy theories because that’s just the cool thing to do? You gonna add 2pac to that list?

It's just the ancient western evil of fan man hatred manifesting itself. Sure you don't notice it a lot in daily life. Someone you love might even date a fan man and you, progressive as you are, probably don't say anything. But that hate is always there. Put a live fan man right in the middle of things and.... it just bubbles over. I fear we shall never learn.
10/10

lawl, we got King, Huey, and X.

2/3 killed by their own. Anyone else you want to add to the list or we just going to spout unfounded conspiracy theories because that’s just the cool thing to do? You gonna add 2pac to that list?
Malcolm and MLK not enough of an example for your cracker ass to prove my statement as being true?

Go back to hiding with your troop in the War Room, you buffoon.

Malcolm and MLK not enough of an example for your cracker ass to prove my statement as being true?

Go back to hiding with your troop in the War Room, you buffoon.
Lol X got wasted by the Nation of Islam, smooth-brain. The implication of your post seems to be about some government inside job when black dudes killing each other merely requires the government to step back and do nothing at all.

Back