Why did it take rogan 5 rounds to say that cain looked tired?

BOXINGMMAFREAK

pussymonster
@Silver
Reaction score
Both men looked like extremely tired after the 2nd round. yet joe was acting like cain wasn't slowing down at all.

Cain didn't look tired at all. He was breathing fine.

He slowed down considerably after the first but imo that was more lactic acid buildup. I think his actual cardio reallly is as good as they say.

Rogan is only human. We don't know what relative, subjective scale he was using to define looking tired. Compared to JDS? Compared to Cain's previous fights? Compared to other HWs during that same round? Ask Rogan to write an essay clarifying his color commentary.

Cain is a damn beast. I have seen LW gas faster at a slower pace.

He didnt really look tired until the middle of the 4th round...thats why.

Tell me another heavyweight that put the pace on someone like that in one round and didn't gas right away. Cain looked good the whole fight considering he is a heavyweight and pushed the pace like crazy for 2 rounds. Think about this; Carwin gassed after throwing one flurry at Brock. Look at every other fight on the card, and see how they looked in the third round (at a lower weight class too).

Yeah, I thought it was odd as well. Cain did slow down a lot too, not as much as JDS, but he was still looking slow. I was wondering why Rogan never mentioned it either.

Because Rogan is biased and had already stated "Cain could keep this pace up for 5 rounds" and touted his "legendary cardio" so he'll keep up his facade in order to not make himself look wrong.

Both fighters were gassed towards the end of the 2nd round.

Tell me another heavyweight that put the pace on someone like that in one round and didn't gas right away. Cain looked good the whole fight considering he is a heavyweight and pushed the pace like crazy for 2 rounds. Think about this; Carwin gassed after throwing one flurry at Brock. Look at every other fight on the card, and see how they looked in the third round (at a lower weight class too).

this is the truth, cain looked better in the 4th and 5th than lauzon and miller looked in the 3rd

I agree with TS. Both fighters gassed after round 1. Cain was pushing the pace but thats because JDS was done. Cain was moving and punching in slow motion from round 2 on. And comparing their pace to LWs... You must be high. Extremely slow and tired from both of them. But they are HWs. 25 minutes is a long time.

Because Cain tired looks like a normal HW in the first round.

It was pretty funny seeing Cain try and throw knees in the later rounds. They would fall short of reaching JDS's abdomen. Cain was exhausted, but JDS was even more exhausted. Though it seemed JDS had more explosive power from time to time (with his punches) while Cain just kept going and going and going.

Great zombie fight last night. Grats to Cain....but he needs to go for rear naked chokes....seriously, he could have ended the fight multiple times if he had just put in the hooks and went for a choke.

He didn't look tired until then.

Sure he slowed down a bit, but he still kept a crazy pace

I thought they both looked like crap. After the first round it was an embarrassment for the UFC IMO. I thought the whole card stunk. The miller/Lauzon fight was pretty good overall but the blood made it disgusting.

It was pretty funny seeing Cain try and throw knees in the later rounds. They would fall short of reaching JDS's abdomen. Cain was exhausted, but JDS was even more exhausted. Though it seemed JDS had more explosive power from time to time (with his punches) while Cain just kept going and going and going.

Great zombie fight last night. Grats to Cain....but he needs to go for rear naked chokes....seriously, he could have ended the fight multiple times if he had just put in the hooks and went for a choke.

I don't think there were too many points in the fight that he could've legitimately locked in a choke. JDS, even when he was rocked, was defending very well. Still got dominated, but yeah.

Back