Why did it take rogan 5 rounds to say that cain looked tired?

you need to go back and rewatch the fight, cain had slowed down a ton by the 3rd round.

I agree. JDS was shot after the first, Cain in the middle of the third. All it was in the championship rounds was Cain leaning against JDS on the cage with both guys just throwing punches with no power behind it.

They both looked like they blew their loads after the first.

Cain only began to tire in the championship rounds, and even then he stayed busy.

People still don't understand what is meant by taking a calculated risk. Cain probably knew he was gonna get extremely tired. He did it anyway cause he knew JDS was gonna be worse. It gave him the best opportunity to win. It was the pacing that led to the takedowns and the striking opportunities. It also factored into JDS not being able to recover as well as might normally have. If Cain's cardio wasn't truly great for a HW he wouldn't have been able to use his strategy. Nobody was "exposed." Nobody showed holes or whatever. It was a great gameplan that worked brilliantly. Classic performance.

People still don't understand what is meant by taking a calculated risk. Cain probably knew he was gonna get extremely tired. He did it anyway cause he knew JDS was gonna be worse. It gave him the best opportunity to win. It was the pacing that led to the takedowns and the striking opportunities. It also factored into JDS not being able to recover as well as might normally have. If Cain's cardio wasn't truly great for a HW he wouldn't have been able to use his strategy. Nobody was "exposed." Nobody showed holes or whatever. It was a great gameplan that worked brilliantly. Classic performance.

Yeah people are really dumb. He pushed the pace and was tired, but knew he had more in the tank.

I bet he has Facebook or Twitter. You could probably ask him there. He may be more qualified to answer that question that I would.

Cain looked pretty tired by the midway point of the 3rd, I wish Junior would have just turned it up and tried to KO him at that point.

Went through to the 3rd page looking for this thread. Cain looked tired in just the 2nd round. Maybe his pace was very good but to me, an average fan, Cain looked tired in the 2nd round and when the 3rd hit, I was getting bored. Cain had him up against the cage so many times and was just laying on him.

/shrugs

Great zombie fight last night. Grats to Cain....but he needs to go for rear naked chokes....seriously, he could have ended the fight multiple times if he had just put in the hooks and went for a choke.

Putting hooks in might not be a great idea. You put hooks in, the guy rolls to his back, now you're underneath him, then he spins to face you and he's in your guard. It happens all too often and it's not as if Dos Santos doesn't know BJJ.

Yeah I'm sure Cain was tired in the third round and beyond, but difference is he kept fighting and pushing the pace tired or not. Now that's a true beast right there, being tired and still pressing forward until the job is done.

Putting hooks in might not be a great idea. You put hooks in, the guy rolls to his back, now you're underneath him, then he spins to face you and he's in your guard. It happens all too often and it's not as if Dos Santos doesn't know BJJ.

It's more often that when a guy puts hooks in, he has the guy's back and can threaten with the RNC and punches. It's not often at all when the guy who puts the hooks in ends up on the bottom.

Dos Santos knows BJJ but he was exhausted and barely knew where he was. His belt level was possibly at blue belt level lol

The trick is, just make the opponent gas harder :cool:

You could say the same for say Shogun vs Vera and he was hardly praised as having great cardio.

Lets be honiest Cain looked good and fought a great fight vs Jnr but Rogans hype was clearly insane and likely company approved, some of the most hyperbolic commentary I'v heard since Lesnar's time at the top.

Yeah I'm sure Cain was tired in the third round and beyond, but difference is he kept fighting and pushing the pace tired or not. Now that's a true beast right there, being tired and still pressing forward until the job is done.

Cain's cardio was definitely superior, but if his cardio was truly as limitless as Rogan had been claiming he probably should have been able to finish the fight in the second, since JDS was too tired to keep his hands above his waist for the last 4 rounds. Seems worth mentioning on the telecast.

But I can't really hate on Rogan when Anik was blatantly suffering from octagon shock. That dude was possibly more worthless than Gus Johnson. Didn't say a single thing that wasn't blatantly obvious. I'm starting to wonder if he's only kept his job this long because people confuse his voice with Ken Flo's.

Cain was already tiered and gassed after the first round, the only thing that made him look fast is the walking dead JDS

Back