Why did Blackzilians let Struve take this fight?

After his last win he was already talkin about the title... you can't even think about the title unless you can beat non champs who already beat you. His own mouth put him in this position

JDS is soo shot that I don´t doubt Struve could beat him

JDS went from being a guy that could develop kicks and ground game to a boxing fighter that gets taged alot.

Struve is awesome.

tumblr_mb6h3hfDh81rg8g1xo1_500.gif

tumblr_mb6hgiS6Bc1rg8g1xo1_500.gif

I think the more interesting question is, Why did Dos Santos take this fight? What can he get out of it other than an easy pay day? If Struve even makes it to the final bell, DS will appear diminished in the eyes of many. By contrast, if Struve somehow manages to pull off a win, it will greatly increase his ranking. Struve's best case scenario is way better than Dos Santos' best case scenario.

He was quite young in that fight and was before JDS suffered all the cumulative damage.

I can see him pulling this win.

A win over JDS probably gets Struve a title shot.

This is even worse than sending Browne in as a replacement against Werdum.

Oh well should be some lulzy gifs afterwards.

Is he being managed by them? If not, then it's not up to them to "let" him take any fights, they just have to make sure he's prepared as he can be for it. Whoever his manager is, they absolutely shouldn't have let him take this fight. I'm a fan of Struve but I don't want to watch his fights anymore, because I feel like he is gonna be a tragic story of mma in the future and I feel guilty watching him take repeated brain trauma. I'm definitely not gonna watch this guaranteed concussion at the hands of JDS. What a shitty rematch to book, and what a terrible main event.

Why is Struve at Blackzilians anyway? He's not black, he's not Brazilian, he's not American and I don't think he's a particularly good match for them style wise either.
He wants a chance to mate with the 6'5 boo over there.

If Struve hasnt learned to use his reach at this stage of his career, I highly doubt even Greg Jackson can change his ways. It's not rocket science. Even your average sherdogger could give him helpful advice about fighting. He just doesn't apply it.

A better question is why any white fighter or coach would want to work at a gym called the "blackzilians" in the first place

Both have miles. Both improved a lot since their 1st fight. At the time, JDS was 1-0 in the UFC and Struve was making his debut. It will be a very different fight this time around (hopefully).

A win over JDS probably gets Struve a title shot.

This is the answer.

For Struve, this is a huge opportunity. He's getting to fight one of the most marquee names in the division and a former champion. Dos Santos is a bad matchup but he's battle-worn and on the decline.

Yes I thought JDS looked good against Rothwell, but my point still stands - the best JDS is behind us. Struve on the other hand hasn't yet met his potential. He might be making improvements.

Because it's the fight game. You've got to take difficult fights if you want to get to the top. Jds is still the favorite but he's taken massive damage since their first fight, so Struve may have a chance here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back