Why couldn’t anybody else knockout Anderson Silva so far except Weidman?

You can also include Marquardt, leben, Rivera n Murray as solid strikers he also faced

just cause he destroys them doesn’t mean they’re not good

he just means he was way better than everybody else

If Fedor beat a bunch of Japanese wrestler cans then Silva beat a bunch of American striker cans...

Leben?

Seriously?

Weidman hits hard.
And Anderson slips and rolls with punches pretty good.

The only other people to hurt him with punches were Chael and Bisping.

He can still hang with most of the middleweights of today like Israel and Cannonier, just as long as he doesn't get his leg hurt. But he should probably avoid guys like Yoel and Costa.

Anderson was acting like an ass and paid the ultimate price. Also- Chris 's bread and butter ( at the time) was keeping distance and understood the science of keeping opponents at the end of his punches. The way Anderson was showboating, a guy like Chris was going to catch him. Anderson, also, was at a stage in career where acting like that wasnt too intelligent.

And The Chris striking is so bad
Haven't read the thread, forgive me, but just for a quick 2 cents worth in passing, my first thought is that's a sign of good coaching. Weidman's father must have spotted some particular flaw and exploited it, following which Silva's coaches plugged the hole.

A more clear example of the same thing would be Fedor vs. Cro Cop. Fedor learned Cro Cop didn't like or expect to be pressed and that as long as he pushed forward, he would be able to keep Cro Cop off balance. I assume that similarly good coaching for Cro Cop would in turn help eliminate that flaw.

For some reason, many fighters consider this cheater to be some kind of living MMA god

Silva wasnt 'clowning" he was moving and weaving like he always does and got clipped by a superior Weidman.

Weidman has his number and beats him 7/10 times, which is why we saw him dominate Silva in both fights and end him both times.

They weren't fluky because Weidman was winning every minute of both fights, and hurt Silva repeatedly prior to both finishes. They were more than just catching Silva. They were dominant performances.
How dare you quote a delusional Silva fanboy, with logic.

giphy.gif

In just this gif alone Silva gets clipped in the chin three times but people still want to pretend that Weidman landing on him was some kind of fluke.

I had been waiting for Anderson to get ko-ed for at least 3-4 years at that time. As every fighter that clowns around with his hands down will get ko-ed if he does it often enough, no matter how good they are.
There will be that 1 time you zigg when you should have zagged and for Anderson that time was against Chris.
Anderson started to believe in that " Matrix " hype bullshit and played around more then he actually fought for 7-8-9 fights by that time.

Anderson never acted that stupidly in a fight ever again, that's why. And Weidman was considerably better than everyone Anderson had faced before that.

Silva style of fighting was for a young guy he got older and slower and the fight years really caught up to him even in the izzy fight I guarentee a prime silva woulda knocked izzy clean out.

He couldn't move anything like he used to.

It sucks you're body gets older but you're mind doesnt age alot of fighters won't see themselves fading and adapt to a new style that I believe was his down fall and why Mayweather was so succesfull.

If silva became more of a defensive even point fighter I believe he'd still be undefeated even at his age and years of wear he has now.

But hes a warrior and wouldn't ever change it up.

The casuals claiming wiedman was so much better than everyone are delusional. Prolly just got into mma at the time or I guarentee you thier in there 20s and dont know dick. And I hope people aren't crazy enough to discredit and dismiss silva listening to everything they believe and others opinions.

Facts is Silva's body couldn't fight the way he was fighting for ever.

Silva got old

I don't think a younger Silva would have won that fight either. Silva pre Sonnen fights was a lot easier to takedown and keep down. Weidman is the worst match up Anderson had ever faced, Jacare would have been one of his worst style match ups ever as well.

not sure why nobody else has ko'd him.i remember wanting to see silva vs Lombard back in like 2013.i feel like hector would of knocked him out.

Back