Why couldn’t anybody else knockout Anderson Silva so far except Weidman?

chael shattered andersons chin and paved the way for the weidman ko

Cormier knew he'd win and didnt want to damage Silva. But I think if he wanted he could have smashed Silva.

Chris was in his pre-USADA state (both bigger and faster) combined with the fact that they were pretty fluky KO's.

If they weren't fluky ... then show Weidman's other KO's that came in similar fashion? What? He never broke anyone else's leg with a check? I wonder why not?

PS Weidman WON both times fair and square just like how Serra won against GSP fair and square.

That doesn't mean they weren't fluky and they are not likely to happen again.
I don't find the first one flukey, part of what made Anderson great was his dodging and elusiveness. How he just barely slips out of reach and then returns fire. That style eventually gets hit, it's not a fluke, but the nature of the beast. Anderson's legend is built on it, it can't be used as an excuse while used to enshrine him. It's got to be looked at equally. He wasn't lucky to slip Forrest and he wasn't unlucky to not slip Weidman. Whether you agree, I hope you can see my point.

It was probably a little flukey, but Anderson made some definite mistakes. Chris threw the perfect combo, whether on purpose or on accident. MMA fighters don’t triple jab often, or double hook. They tend to throw right-left-right, or left-right-left. And Silva is great at slipping that.
giphy.gif

Silva made a big mistake by faking the rubber legs. He left his feet parallel, and he wasn’t in position to move.
giphy.gif

Notice that Chris hit him with left, and Anderson pretended to be hurt. But then Chris throws another left, and that hits Anderson. He didn’t expect it. But once Weidman begins the combo, Silva is assuming alternating rights and lefts. He slips Weidman’s right, and then moves to slip the left.
But instead, Chris throws a sort of backfist with the same hand. It’s his right hand, but it comes from the direction of his left. So Silva slips it successfully. But now he’s totally out of position for the REAL left hook which follows. He’s stuck, with nowhere to go.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
weidman dropped Uriah hall the exact same way.
No, that was a totally different set of circumstances. They were both left hooks, but that’s about all they had in common.
giphy.gif

I think Anderson was just playing too much and brutally paid for it.

IMO, there's nothing worse than playing around with your opponent only to get KTFO'd.

It's only a matter of time before someone lands in the right spot and the Chris Weiner found it.

Chris was in his pre-USADA state (both bigger and faster) combined with the fact that they were pretty fluky KO's.

If they weren't fluky ... then show Weidman's other KO's that came in similar fashion? What? He never broke anyone else's leg with a check? I wonder why not?

PS Weidman WON both times fair and square just like how Serra won against GSP fair and square.

That doesn't mean they weren't fluky and they are not likely to happen again.
There’s an obvious problem comparing Gsp/Serra and weidman/Silva. Anyone can get caught, yes, and that’s what we saw with Serra and gsp. The only way Serra was winning was exactly what happened. Objectively speaking, weidman was clearly handling Silva in both fights, and I believe he was favored to win anyway.

Do the fights end like those 2 if they fought 10 more times? Maybe not, but weidman would still win those fights too. The second fight wasn’t close at all and he nearly scored a KO early on in that one as well. There is nothing flukey about pre usada weidman dominating/finishing Silva.
The problem is Silva fans use the unusual finishes of the two fights with weidman as fuel to delegitimize the fact that Weidman was far better at the time they squared off. Of course silva wouldn’t break his leg again, but he was getting his ass kicked and that wasn’t going to change.

There’s an obvious problem comparing Gsp/Serra and weidman/Silva. Anyone can get caught, yes, and that’s what we saw with Serra and gsp. The only way Serra was winning was exactly what happened. Objectively speaking, weidman was clearly handling Silva in both fights, and I believe he was favored to win anyway.

Do the fights end like those 2 if they fought 10 more times? Maybe not, but weidman would still win those fights too. The second fight wasn’t close at all and he nearly scored a KO early on in that one as well. There is nothing flukey about pre usada weidman dominating/finishing Silva.
The problem is Silva fans use the unusual finishes of the two fights with weidman as fuel to delegitimize the fact that Weidman was far better at the time they squared off. Of course silva wouldn’t break his leg again, but he was getting his ass kicked and that wasn’t going to change.
Anderson was favored for win, although the lines were decently close for a Silva fight.
94D2090A-0AD0-4BFC-9B3B-3E673C358538.jpeg

Silva tried to make an audition for The Matrix 4

lol those fights were so funny.

anderson wasnt even competitive in them for a second.

lol those fights were so funny.

anderson wasnt even competitive in them for a second.
Silva was winning the first fight easy. Weidman already had his mouth wide open before the lucky knock out.

Silva was winning the first fight easy. Weidman already had his mouth wide open before the lucky knock out.
lol no silva wasnt.

this may be one of the stupidest takes on the fight i have ever heard.

Weidman use to be a beast, but the dude has gotten so injured and beaten up. He's just not the same guy that beat Silva, Machida and Belfort.

Weidman is phenomenal at beating past prime legends.

Because Anderson had iron chin and super fast reflexes.
By the age of 38 he lost both.

lol, no he was not, he got taken down, had his head bounced off the canvas and had to escape 2 submission attempts. I swear half of the people commenting on these fights never even saw them.

Back