Why can't the Womens 135lb weight class be 140lbs??

Verb356**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There seems to be no reason to have an arbitrary division at 135, when a 140 would be more inclusive and safer for fighters.

I think Dana is using 135 as an excuse to exclude Cyborg

yeah, and while we're at it, why cant 7 be 8?

Ronda already suggested the weight class be 140.

Now matter what you set a single wight class to it will not be inclusive.

333.gif

There are Shertards, and then there are "Cyborg fans".

yeah, and while we're at it, why cant 7 be 8?

That's not the same thing... I'm not really a fan of TS's idea, but this is not a valid rebuttal unless you want to stand on misinterpretation.

great reasons, im sure the UFC is in need of super brains like yours

first off, the commissions set the divisions, the UFC has no say in it, also how is 140 "safer" for the fighters? your points make no sense and your topic is shit, your lucky I posted in here.

That's not the same thing... I'm not really a fan of TS's idea, but this is not a valid rebuttal unless you want to stand on misinterpretation.

it is the same thing when you consider that 789

Do you actually think such idiotic Wasteland material actually warrants a rebuttal? :icon_conf

first off, the commissions set the divisions, the UFC has no say in it, also how is 140 "safer" for the fighters? your points make no sense and your topic is shit, your lucky I posted in here.

Fighters? I just assumed TS misspelled Cyborg.

if i was ufc president i would persuade the ac to make a 140 division to replace 135, and immediately set up the biggest fight in ufc history

think of that money. i assume dana doesn't do this cause he doesn't want his golden meal ticket to lose

shertards would probably cry because 135 is different than 140(that's their reasoning)

Maybe Cyborg is using 135 to exclude Cyborg..

Do you actually think such idiotic Wasteland material actually warrants a rebuttal? :icon_conf

I don't think it's "idiotic wasteland material" even if I don't agree with it. TS is saying that the weight class should be wider. It is, after all, the highest weight class in the UFC for women, yet it excludes some fighters that are too heavy. TS said "including" Cyborg factors into his idea, which is a bad reason in and of itself, but whatever.

I actually don't think it's a commission issue. Before EliteXC became defunct, they used 140 lbs as their women's weight class. Since Gina Carano was the face of women's MMA and she couldn't make 135, EliteXC decided to go with 140. They eventually found out Gina couldn't make 140 so they moved it up to 145, but for a while they had both 140 lbs for women and also 160 lbs for men (Remember KJ Noons vs Nick Diaz for the 160 lb belt?)

Cris Cyborg's first fight in the USA was actually at 140 lbs against Shayna Bazler in EliteXC.

Back