Why can't Superman be a little person?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I agree with most that Superman can be any race because he is an alien and therefore he is not supposed to be any race in particular he just happens to look white.

I also think Superman can be a little person. If he is an alien, he can be a little person and still have the powers of Superman. Just like how since he's an alien he doesnt have to fit into any specific race, he also doesn't have to fit into any specific human height or physical structure.

Thoughts?

Come on, the water is fine

Hes supposed to be a bit of a sex-symbol. No one wants to bang manlets.

They did that already

6bf22e0bf5f96625a78f46c7c3d1fbd2.jpg

Hes supposed to be a bit of a sex-symbol. No one wants to bang manlets.

That's not necessary to the character. If he's an alien he can be short and get laid

Superman can't be any race, he is specifically Kryptonian. As for his physical appearance, he has always been depicted as a tall, muscular, white male a.k.a. the average Sherdogger.

That's not necessary to the character. If he's an alien he can be short and get laid
I always felt it was the laziest writing possible.
The name Superman, an alien who looks human, his big disguise is a pair of glasses......yawn.

The name Superman, an alien who looks human, his big disguise is a pair of glasses......yawn.

Nobody thought of it before, and everyone has copied him since.

Classic case of why didnt I think of that

I agree with most that Superman can be any race because he is an alien and therefore he is not supposed to be any race in particular he just happens to look white.

I also think Superman can be a little person. If he is an alien, he can be a little person and still have the powers of Superman. Just like how since he's an alien he doesnt have to fit into any specific race, he also doesn't have to fit into any specific human height or physical structure.

Thoughts?

Come on, the water is fine

"Why can't Superman be a little person"

Because he is a hero not party entertainment

Superman can't be any race, he is specifically Kryptonian. As for his physical appearance, he has always been depicted as a tall, muscular, white male a.k.a. the average Sherdogger.
giphy.gif

You don’t put very much thought into your opinions

He should be a short thin chinese man imo

Siegel and Shuster created a bald telepathic villain, bent on dominating the world, as the title character in the short story "The Reign of the Superman", published in Siegel's 1933 fanzine Science Fiction #3.[12] The story was not successful, and the character was not used again.

Eventually, Siegel re-used the name The Superman for a new character that became the most famous superhero of all time. Shuster modelled the hero on Douglas Fairbanks Sr., and modelled his bespectacled alter ego, Clark Kent, on a combination of Harold Lloyd[3][13] and Shuster himself, with the name "Clark Kent" derived from movie stars Clark Gable and Kent Taylor.
From Joseph Shuster's wiki page

He’s a cartoon, he can be anything depending on how they choose to draw him, unless it violates a Disney copyright, then he’s gotta back the fuck off.

He should be in a wheelchair, so wheelchaired people feel empowered.

Why do you say that?

Superman was created in 1938, how could it be lazy writing if nothing similar to him existed before. Look into him. He’s one of the most enduring fictional characters in history; up there with Santa and Sherlock Holmes.

Creating Superman meant creating what has become a classic archetype; average man by day, some other secret thing by night - he was built from western literary ideas about the caged animal inside average men, but expanded that idea into the nascent fantasy and sci fi realms of his era which basically pioneered comic books.

Superman comics turned places like New York into a kind of “Middle Earth” where good would do battle with evil, the same way Greek myths used local islands to tell stories about ancient mazes and Minotaurs.

He is such an incredibly unique and difficult character to write for and create a good story around because he comes from a more innocent age; the height of the depression, and yet great authors like Grant Morrison keep millions of people coming back to his stories year after year; read All Star Superman and tell me you didn’t cry at the end...

Im a big fan.

Back