Why can't Dana use the saudis to create mega fights in the UFC?

Why would he? Francis isn't the star he thinks he is. If he was the Dana would've allowed him to box like he did Conor.
I agree. Francis had potential after the Fury fight, but he shit the bed against Anthony Joshua.

No, no one cares. Jones getting knocked out won't matter since he's retiring immediately afterward. The new champ will be Aspinall regardless. He's not gonna be hurt by Jones getting knocked out, especially if it's by the guy who is literally still the lineal champion.

What if they had a co-promoted event between UFC & PFL / Bellator where Patchy Mix submits Sean O'Malley & Johnny Eblen knocks out DDP? Would that change your perspective on how bad the optics would be?

Would be a dumb business move. Ngannou wrecks either old Bones or Aspinal . There's a few bellator fighters that would be good cross fights but agsin bad business move by Dana. If you beat pfl bellator - you going nothing as your supposed to an if you lose you finish your brand when you already are waaaayyyyy ahead of anyone in mma.. nothing g to gain. Be great for fans but terrible business

at this point it seems you people are more obsessed with Dana.
200.webp

A
There's no benefit for the UFC to do this. It's not like there is no one for Jon Jones to fight.
{<huh}

There's no benefit to the biggest fight they could possibly make with Jones? What on earth are you talking about?

A cross over bout with Ngannou for any of the UFC top HW fighters would do big biz
Not really, aspinall and Jones are the only HWs that could pull any business imo.

A

{<huh}

There's no benefit to the biggest fight they could possibly make with Jones? What on earth are you talking about?

It's not the biggest fight the UFC could put on for Jones (getting Peireira to fight him would be the biggest fight), and even if it was, it the gap between it and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fight would be minuscule for a multi-billion dollar company.

Also, you're saying 'what on earth am I talking about', as if your idea is so great and the UFC is considering this, when they're not, precisely because it is not to their benefit (i fit was to their benefit, then they'd at least consider it, that's common sense).

You think the UFC is going to go out of its way to

- Negotiate with someone who recently blew them off and already has shown demands that the UFC was not interested in.

- Go through a bunch of red tape by talking out the logistics with PFL.

- Give the PFL a ton of exposure for zero reason.

- Risk Jon Jones losing, which in turn makes the UFC look bad. Your point about Jones retiring after so it doesn't do that makes zero sense. It's irrelevant if there will be a different heavyweight champion afterward, the UFC would have donated its resources to just making a fighter not in the UFC richer and more marketable.

- When Jones vs ____ would likely make just as much money. Even if Ngannou moved the needle, which there has been no evidence that he does, it'd be like 100k more buys. They wouldn't even be able to use Ngannou either afterward.

The UFC is bigger than just finding Jon Jones someone to fight for a random weekend (as if Jon Jones cleaned out the division, he literally fought one guy, and now they're going to start co-promoting for a guy who is going to retire anyway?). You're thinking small as if they are Bellator or some shit.

It's not the biggest fight the UFC could put on for Jones (getting Peireira to fight him would be the biggest fight), and even if it was, it the gap between it and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fight would be minuscule for a multi-billion dollar company.

I disagree. Ngannou v Jones would be a bigger fight than Pereira v Jones

Also, you're saying 'what on earth am I talking about', as if your idea is so great and the UFC is considering this, when they're not, precisely because it is not to their benefit (i fit was to their benefit, then they'd at least consider it, that's common sense).
What on earth are you talking about here?

You think the UFC is going to go out of its way to

- Negotiate with someone who recently blew them off and already has shown demands that the UFC was not interested in.
The thread is about what could happen with Saudi influence. I don't think they give a shit about Dana's personal grievances. It's a big fight, period.

- Go through a bunch of red tape by talking out the logistics with PFL.

They were willing to do it with Pride. It would take minimal effort on their part, considering the PFL let Ngannou spend the last year and a half boxing and making them zero revenue. Just give the PFL a minority share of the profits and it could absolutely happen.

- Give the PFL a ton of exposure for zero reason.
Reason: to make money?

- Risk Jon Jones losing, which in turn makes the UFC look bad. Your point about Jones retiring after so it doesn't do that makes zero sense. It's irrelevant if there will be a different heavyweight champion afterward, the UFC would have donated its resources to just making a fighter not in the UFC richer and more marketable.
No. Just stop. You're flat out wrong about this. Jones will immediately stop mattering to the UFC as soon as he retires. Just like GSP. Just like Silva. You think the UFC actually gives a rats ass about these fighters? They discarded both GSP and Silva as soon as they stopped making them money. Dana couldn't wait to declare someone else the greatest welterweight of all time. "Risk Jones losing" lmao get the fuck out of here with that absolutely nonsense.

- When Jones vs ____ would likely make just as much money. Even if Ngannou moved the needle, which there has been no evidence that he does, it'd be like 100k more buys. They wouldn't even be able to use Ngannou either afterward.
Wrong. It's arguably the biggest fight in heavyweight history they could make.

The UFC is bigger than just finding Jon Jones someone to fight for a random weekend (as if Jon Jones cleaned out the division, he literally fought one guy, and now they're going to start co-promoting for a guy who is going to retire anyway?). You're thinking small as if they are Bellator or some shit.
Yeah, it would totally just be a random weekend, not the biggest fight of the year. Lol you're full of shit. You're ideas about MMA are full of shit. You're talking completely out of your ass in a retarded attempt to shill for Dana out of all people. Get real kid.

If you are the largest MMA organization why would you give another company spotlight. These people may be your future competition. You are also on the down low acknowledging equality between both MMA organizations which you don't want in the first place because you have the biggest and best product. Lastly if your fighter loses it puts your champion and the whole division in a very bad state

Why would he? Francis isn't the star he thinks he is. If he was the Dana would've allowed him to box like he did Conor.
The hell are you talking about... guy erned in his 2 boxing fights more money than he would ever do in ufc ( even if he spended there next 10 years). So please grow up kid. If someone pays that kind of money to a guy with boxing record 0-0 and match up them with ex champions ( not past prime), yet you still claim he doesnt have any stardom level on him ?. Lol sherturds...

If you are the largest MMA organization why would you give another company spotlight. These people may be your future competition. You are also on the down low acknowledging equality between both MMA organizations which you don't want in the first place because you have the biggest and best product. Lastly if your fighter loses it puts your champion and the whole division in a very bad state
I see you joined 2007... you should realize that ufc did coop with pride once, and iceman got tooled there by rampage ( tho he won with dehidrated short noticed young overeem) :D. They simply got burned on it once. Ufc wasnt best organisation, yet pride accepted White 250k$ bet that he will beat Silva if he get to 2003 Pride final tounament. Ahhh those were fun days.
With current level of mma going down, I say it's possible those ufc champs would simply lost ( higher chance then most of us think). Biggest product yes... best product ??? nope... over last few years its hard to watch ufc... ufc watered itself, look at rankings they are a joke... They look like populariity constest (why we have ranking these days in ufc I dunno). Those ranking are made to justify 2-3 fights between same fightes, where usually conteder looses those bouts anyways. Back in my "younger" day I was kin to call mma a sport... these days I am not delusional like that... pure/ dumb entertainment ( its not that I hate it, just dont watch it that offten). I know its offtopic, but here you have UFC RECORDS of fighters on next card UFC Fight Night 242: Burns vs Brady:

ME...
(15-7) vs (6-1) UFC

Co-ME women...
(17-10) vs (5-0)

(4-4-1) vs (5-2)
(6-6-1NC) vs (2-2)
(2-2) vs (1-1)
(1-2) vs (1-0)

Preeliminary card
(15-12) vs (7-5)
(1-1) vs (0-1)
(2-0) vs (1-1)
(0-2) vs (0-1)
(2-1) vs (5-2)
(6-2) vs (0-1)
(0-0) vs (0-0)

Pasted those from other site,I am to lazy to check it on my own :D. But lol thats sad shit. To wake up at night to watch that crap, would be atrocity.

I'm not too keen on this Saudia Arabian takeover on sports. They aren't really known for their positive standing in the world.

The hell are you talking about... guy erned in his 2 boxing fights more money than he would ever do in ufc ( even if he spended there next 10 years). So please grow up kid. If someone pays that kind of money to a guy with boxing record 0-0 and match up them with ex champions ( not past prime), yet you still claim he doesnt have any stardom level on him ?. Lol sherturds...

Those two events lost tons of money.

and ( who gives a shit) ? still they payed macumba way more money then ufc would ever do...

The point is that Franci$ only made that much money because of people willing to throw that much money around without caring about profits/losses, not because of his "star-power" or drawing power.

Which is why I think TKO should/will replace him at some point. Dana is so small minded, bitter and petty he would sacrifice actual business profits due to one of his personal vendettas. The UFC would have pocketed near 20 million from Francis by now if they just "co-promoted" his Fury and AJ fights like they did for Conor and then he could fight Jones in the UFC.

If the money is right should all be that counts when running a fight promotion.
I still can't believe the UFC were so small minded about that. Now we gotta watch Jones vs stipe ffs.

I still can't believe the UFC were so small minded about that. Now we gotta watch Jones vs stipe ffs.
Hmmm, So you send francis into box with Joshua, He gets decapitated and comes back to fight jones and you think people might be MORE interested in it, opposed to him not getting obliterated in a boxing match??

Back