Why blame Blaydes for taking down and controlling Volkov, instead of blaming Volkov...

Karuzo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For being so easy to take down and control?

I guarantee that Curtis Blaydes wouldn't have been so eager to take down someone like Fabricio Werdum, nor would he have controlled him like that so easily.

Blame fighters for not training TDD and BJJ, not the wrestlers for being able to implement their style.

No one is looking to take down and control guys like Maia, Burns, Oliviera, Ortega, Werdum, Ferguson, etc. Be like those guys if you don't want to be taken down and controlled.

Blame fighters like Volkov for being helpless on the ground instead. Its his own fault.

Second thread you’ve made trying to justify a putrid fight... you’re getting desperate lad.

Just come to grips with the fact that HW is regressing back to one dimensional UFC 1 days...

I hate HW its my least favorite division, and I am not a fan of Blaydes or Volkov.

I'm just saying, Blaydes isn't the one to blame here. He fought within the rules and got the win, I don't see what he did wrong.

Its Volkov's responsibility to make his opponent hesitant to take him down, or to stop the takedowns.

Kind of agree TBH though I dislike Blaydes. If it were a real fight I think Blaydes would be the winner and Volkov would be dead.

Agreed. Also, this was not much different from Stipe/Frank. Shit happens. Learn to wrestle, big boys.
Hadnt thought about this. Good point. Only difference imo was curtis was at his limit 9/10 exhausted, stipe was OK after the francis fight. Felt bad for curtis once i saw the post fight interview he did not look or sound good.

Actually Volkov did better than others. It's not like Curtis is a bum. He is supposed to be the best gnp wrestler in the division ffs. He KO'D JDS also and couldn't do anything to Volkov standing.

Actually Volkov did better than others. It's not like Curtis is a bum. He is supposed to be the best gnp wrestler in the division ffs. He KO'D JDS also and couldn't do anything to Volkov standing.

Everyone seems to be furious with Curtis, he did what he had to do to get a win with taking as little damage as possible.

If Volkov had a better ground game, it wouldn't have been so easy for Curtis to do what he did.

volkov didn't do anything offensely off his back yep.
he mainly tried to defend (spent the entire first round on knees in neutral position) ... displayed good defense on ground, he took what 2-3 elbows? volkov also went for a couple subs but nothing really came close. Volkov was coming on in rounds 4/5 if he had more rounds he wouldve won with endurance and balls.

Everyone seems to be furious with Curtis, he did what he had to do to get a win with taking as little damage as possible.

If Volkov had a better ground game, it wouldn't have been so easy for Curtis to do what he did.
Curtis took more damage actually. He was bleeding also.

thats because volkov was +310-330 and people are mad they didnt cash lol... :(

Curtis took more damage actually. He was bleeding also.

I'm not saying he took less damage than Volkov, I'm saying he took less damage than he would have taken if he would have stood and banged to appease the public.

He fought the smartest way available to him.

Because we all pretend to like the sport but we're really here for the entertainment.

But its Volkov's fault for not making this fight entertaining.

If it was Fabricio Werdum in there, he would have been chucking submissions up non stop and Blaydes would be very hesitant to take him down.

Wouldn't that have made the fight a lot more entertaining, if Volkov was a submission and TDD wizard and MADE Blaydes stand with him or risk getting subbed?

Back