Why aren't they "fitching" Miesha?

• Thread starter Bulletproof Acc
  • Start date
Tate is boring? Dropping Eye with haymakers. Two awesome fights with Rousey. Insane fight of the night with Zingano.

Tate is far from boring.

The fact that people are comparing Miesha and Fitch says it all. Miesha has a complete lack of athleticism, explosiveness, etc. Her head coach is her boyfriend, she has never finished a fight in the UFC, and yet she's the #2 in her division.

because she has been ronda's toughest fight to date only fighter to take her out of the 1st round,only fighter to escape her arm bar and only fight to take her down

UFC168-RondaRousey-XMeishaTate-SloMo-Rd1a-400-sg.gif

giphy.gif

if Ronda wasn't in the division Tate would be the undisputed champ

she more than earns her keep in the division

Tate is the 2nd most well known fighter in the division as well as being the 2nd best fighter in the division.

Fitch had no following otherwise they wouldn't have sidelined him.

Being 2nd best isn't good enough. Popularity counts otherwise Diaz would never had as many title shots as he's had over the years.

90% of the audience aren't getting a boner when fitch lays and prays on someone

I'd say Tate's striking vs Eye was technically better than Ronda's striking vs Bethe. She's also on a good win streak vs two title challenger. She's also the 2nd most liked female in the UFC, if not the MMA world.

Miesha moves the needle.

You are comparing Miesha Tate to Jon Fitch......gotta love sherdog

The fact that people are comparing Miesha and Fitch says it all. Miesha has a complete lack of athleticism, explosiveness, etc. Her head coach is her boyfriend, she has never finished a fight in the UFC, and yet she's the #2 in her division.

I think I've seen all of Meisha's fights in the UFC and I didn't even realize she never had a finish. For WMMA she's a pretty good fighter and is almost always working and pushing to either improve position or throw some punches. She's nothing like Fitch, at all.

I'm not really excited for a 3rd fight with Rousey, but to be fair she is on a winning streak and in the 2nd fight she did really good against Rousey... at least it was competitive and not a full-on blowout like Rousey's last few fights.

Her popularity and a lack of other viable options.

They don't have the options there to hold Meisha back. There is no real depth. Certainly nobody who even is deserving of a title fight. Ronda could end up beating everyone in the division 2 or 3 three times before it's done. UFC is hoping some girls from somewhere come in that they can market as challengers to Ronda.

Honestly, it's probably due to her being the 2nd most popular female fighter in the UFC.

When people start spamming gifs of Fitch's butt giggling all across the interwebz, I'm sure they'll bring him back.

Back