Why are they giving Weidmann a rematch since he dosen't warrant one

where have you been? nearly everytime the title changes hands the last several years, it becomes a best of 3 series

I have stated previously how much it irritates me the way Weidman's team are just waving off Luke's victory. But in fairness, that fight was very competitive. Imo, those were the two best MW's in the world and they had a good scrap. Round 1 was very close, so I scored it for the champ. Round 2 was Luke for sure. Round 3 was even, and Chris started landing a few consecutive body kicks that went unanswered. Imo, Luke was hurting bad b/c he's the better striker and Chris was nailing him. Chris went for the spin kick, which gave Luke the takedown. Luke proved he was a champion by capitalizing on this one mistake and ending the fight with some nasty stuff from the top. Chris didn't go out but he got smashed through the mat. It should have ended in the 3rd. This is how I saw the fight unfold.

he agreed to fight injured to help card, on condition he got a rematch.

Because something sketchy happened with Romero's drug test.
That has nothing to do with it. If yoel isn't fighting then jacare should be next.

If Weidman wins, then I want to see Rockhold get an immediate rematch, and then if Rockhold wins, I want to see Weidman get the immediate rematch, and then if Weidman wins, I want to see Rockhold get the immediate rematch, and so on and so forth. Immediate rematches forever!

It's the only fight that makes sense considering the results of the Souza/Romero fight, and the aftermath. Plus, he beat guys who hadn't lost in a long time at MW, and arguably lost his title only due to a very stupid mistake.

If Weidman wins, then I want to see Rockhold get an immediate rematch, and then if Rockhold wins, I want to see Weidman get the immediate rematch, and then if Weidman wins, I want to see Rockhold get the immediate rematch, and so on and so forth. Immediate rematches forever!

I wanna see Weidman get the rematch even if he gets KTFO again.

I wonder if he would still make excuses after getting KTFO 3x in a row but wouldn't put it past Weidman if he did.

Chris was a strong champ with multiple defenses and the fight was very close until, obviously, the slip-takedown.

Personally - I would like Jacare to get the next shot but - bitching aside - are there really a bunch of fans that don't want to see Luke - The Chris II? I mean - I thought that was a great fight going into the first one and I am even more intrigued to see them fight again

There are 3 simple reasons. a)He beat Anderson Silva twice. Something nobody else has ever done.
b) He is the best or at least the equal best of the top 3 contenders.
c) He lost his first fight with Rockhold because of a lazy half hearted move that left him as a wide open target.

Because the super evolved, new breed MW division doesn't have any other options

At least in this one he wasn't the UFC's first choice, but it really should go to Jacare. He lost what I thought was a bad call to a roider

he agreed to fight injured to help card, on condition he got a rematch.
realizing.gif

Might be due to the lack of other compelling contenders. There is Jacare and no one else really. AS may be will emerge as one if he defeats Bisping convincingly and may be put together one more win. Until then though...

Would love to see Whitaker. He's a good striker. Only loss in the UFC is to Wonderboy 2 years ago. Would love to see Mousasi get back on track but at this point hopes aint too hight for him either.

Because Romero got in trouble and is fighting it, so since no one else would make sense for a title shot, I can understand how the UFC would think a re-match would be a must.

Back