Why are they giving Weidmann a rematch since he dosen't warrant one

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
He hasen't been the champ for that long to warrant one. Because it's only very dominant champs who deserve that privilege and honestly it wasen't that competitive of a fight he lost a one-way fight

The UFC criterion for rematches is that you only get one if you don't deserve it. That's why the people who have a strong case for a rematch didn't get one (Aldo, Condit, TJ).

Weidman tows the line. Like Cain, Ronda, he's loyal to the UFC. They like the idea of having them as champions, and I think a lot of people (fans included) got used to the trifecta.

You have to compare whoever the next contender is to other possibilities. Who else is there? Romero had his USADA issues and his Jacare win was questionable. Jacare lost. And there's the Silva/Bisping winner and Belfort. None of them are great options. Of all these fighters, Weidman probably has the best chance to win. I really want to see a rematch. My only problem with it is that it could kill Weidman's career if he loses.

Because something sketchy happened with Romero's drug test.

You have to compare whoever the next contender is to other possibilities. Who else is there? Romero had his USADA issues and his Jacare win was questionable. Jacare lost. And there's the Silva/Bisping winner and Belfort. None of them are great options. Of all these fighters, Weidman probably has the best chance to win. I really want to see a rematch. My only problem with it is that it could kill Weidman's career if he loses.

Jacare deserves a shoot right now since he lost a qustionable fight

Because jacare is not a needle mover, and romero is in PED doo doo

Because filming Dana's new show would be awkward if he didn't give Serra's golden boy a re-match.

I wonder if Serra believes Chris' 10-20% BS.

Jacare deserves a shoot right now since he lost a qustionable fight
I wouldn't mind if they gave him the shot. Between him and Chris, there isn't much in it. I think Weidman has a better chance of beating Rockhold though. Plus there's people who think Jacare doesn't look the same since USADA. I'm not sure about that myself but it's a possibility.

He hasen't been the champ for that long to warrant one. Because it's only very dominant champs who deserve that privilege and honestly it wasen't that competitive of a fight he lost a one-way fight
Uhhhhh...he tooled The GOAT (Silva) twice (despite the circumstances of both fights), and demolished a former 205 champ (Dragon)...I don't have any serious discrepancies with an immediate rematch.

Quit hating on The All 'Murican!

Because he had a broken foot, he was only 10%, but mostly because... HE'S STILL MY BOY.

If Jacare looked half-decent in his last fight he might have got the nod, it mostly comes down to lack of contenders.

There are contenders at BW, FW, and now there's a contender at HW they're not doing an immediate rematch, people are so quick to hate on Dana & the UFC.

No viable options right now so The Chris gets a rematch. Its actually quite simple once you ignore all other rematches that either were or weren't granted to deposed champions.

Weidman tows the line. Like Cain, Ronda, he's loyal to the UFC. They like the idea of having them as champions, and I think a lot of people (fans included) got used to the trifecta.
Agreed.....

The New York badass vs the California pretty boy? We might see 2 or more rematches after this next one. The UFC will sell the as the newest east coast vs west coast beef.

It's a shame this is coming so soon though, I would have loved Weidman to beat Jacare and then beat Rockhold to set up a true trilogy that isn't just given due to a lack of contenders.

To be the champ you need to beat the champ... Twice

Cause he's a white American dude who speaks fluent English, unlike the other two obvious contenders.

Because Yoel Romery, the only other title contender at the moment popped for an illegal substance and thus, at least at the moment CANNOT fight for the belt. There's literally no other contenders worthy of the shot.
And no this does not affect Jacare's situation because the drug test failed was an OUT OF COMPETITION drug test and has NOTHING to do with his last fight

Back