• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Why are there no wars in the Americas ?

why would anybody invade a place full of homeless zombies walking around doing drugs and using public places as a toilet?

if anything there should be a humanitarian effort to send cargoes full of cleaning and disinfecting products

Sorry you can't afford to visit the nice places here. I know your average monthly income is what I make in about 2 hours of work.

Monroe Doctrine says we will absolutely fuck up anyone who tries to establish any military presence on this side of the earth.

I don’t think any country in South America really even possesses the means to wage war on their neighbors
Tell that to the drugs that are manufactured in South America and destroying North American cities.

Haha every American ain't that good with a weapon. The small neighborhood I grew up in could probably muster about 40 long weapons easily. Mostly hunting stuff of course.

They don't have to be. If a bunch of Afghans and Vietnamese thwarted the US military, tell me which country's military is going to invade and disarm the 400,000,000 guns owned by our 330,000,000 population.?

Sorry you can't afford to visit the nice places here. I know your average monthly income is what I make in about 2 hours of work.

you make all that money and your cities look worse than 3rd world...

You are basically fighting the war on drugs against cartels and street gangs. Not a conventional war, yes, but one that does cost money and lives all around the continent.

you make all that money and your cities look worse than 3rd world...

I live in a suburb that's cleaner and more beautiful than anywhere in your country. With a million places I can go that are the same.

You think most people here have to ever even see the shitty places you're talking about? You realize this is a pretty big fucking country, right?

I live in a suburb that's cleaner and more beautiful than anywhere in your country. With a million places I can go that are the same.

You think most people here have to ever even see the shitty places you're talking about? You realize this is a pretty big fucking country, right?

so you avoid your big cities like a plague cause theyre in worse shape than 3rd world? got it!

what a success story

so you avoid your big cities like a plague cause theyre in worse shape than 3rd world? got it!

what a success story

LMAO there are small parts of some big cities you avoid yes. Just like anywhere. Most places you go it's more clean and beautiful than anywhere in your entire country.

Tell me you know nothing about life here without telling me you know nothing about life here.

it's called coups d'état and CIA-assassinations. Every time you hear about a coup d'état in a banana republic it's a cover war that the US is waging against the Global South.

there have been plenty of wars over there, they killed each other a bunch.
there were even civil wars, if you want to read about a banger, check out La Violencia in Columbia. you know it's going to be lit when something is called La Violencia in Columbia.
now, they're mostly too poor or too fucked up internally to care about wars of expansion.
unless it becomes profitable for the americans, we won't see major conflict in there for a while.

For the last who know how many years, major wars are happening in Europe or Middle East .
Why ?
Nothing too serious between North and South America so no wars there ?
Also on both continents , no wars, just Europe.
Whats up with Europe then , WW1, WW2 , balcan wars, Ukraine, Israel....

There's been wars in south America tho,? 1995 Ecuador vs Peru was the last one

More prevelant are internal conflicts and considering how much America likes to provoke internal conflicts in foriegn nations it's really not that surprising.

There's been wars in south America tho,? 1995 Ecuador vs Peru was the last one

More prevelant are internal conflicts and considering how much America likes to provoke internal conflicts in foriegn nations it's really not that surprising.
yeah but those wars like that one are having rookie numbers when comparing to the Euro/middle east wars numbers,
just recall if you start from only WW1 , then there is WW2 , balcan, Iraq, Syria, Ukraine, Israel....
I mean , the list just goes on...

There are probably a few, but does anyone know what they are exactly?

Oh I studied this in school decades ago! Recently there was some action on a dispute between Nicaragua and Columbia over fishing rights. I think the international Court backed columbia on that one.

Then there is an ongoing Ecuador-Peru dispute and one i dont understand between Guatemala and Belize.

Oh I studied this in school decades ago! Recently there was some action on a dispute between Nicaragua and Columbia over fishing rights. I think the international Court backed columbia on that one.

Then there is an ongoing Ecuador-Peru dispute and one i dont understand between Guatemala and Belize.

Any of them likely to ever boil over, or are they all pretty stable?

Back