Why Are The Diaz Bros So Beloved?

I just watched an interview of Nick, I think it was around the Condit fight give or take, and he is talking about his mother driving him to training. He says she is a full time waitress, and this is when Nick was probably 30ish. Nick had no license at the time.

Raising 2 kids, possibly as a single mom, while working full time as a waitress. That's fucking hard. I have 2 kids and had a stretch where money was tight and I had to take a bartending job, 5 days a week 10+ hour shifts, standing and hustling. It was fucking exhausting. Thank God I had help because I was worthless in the morning.

Nick is essentially a rose that grew from concrete. The American dream. Came from nothing and became famous from hard work. High school dropout ->Strikeforce champion. MMA legend.

If you listen to Nick, and I think Textwarrior does, for whatever "tough guy" attributes he has, you can tell he is a compassionate person. He doesn't want anyone to get hurt. Doesn't consider himself a violent person. Thinks fighters who talk about wanting to hurt people are messed up.

Nick didn't choose fighting. He had no choice BUT fighting. He doesn't even like to fight. But yet he became a master of it and was one of the most disciplined well conditioned athletes we have seen in the sport.

Fighters will often say that you have one thing you can control in a fight, your conditioning. Guys like Nick and Bisping and Frankie took that to such a level that it became a weapon. Get your opponent tired and you can keep going because you worked harder to prepare. I don't know if we will see triathlon Nick tonight, but it was quite a show in his prime.

I don't like their ways, so it is not their ways I support. My kids will never act like that or they will get a spanking. However, I understand where they come from because I had a good friend allot like Nick when I was young. I had many laughs for the same reason we laugh when Nick gets mad and starts talking and does not give a crap anymore and goes gangster. I guess past the exterior and if I met them in person I can tell I would get along with them and respect the fact I would be talking to about as real of a person as you can find. I just want to see people like Nick and Nate win in life and end up with a good life.

Last edited:
As I was walking into a Whole Foods in Sacramento, I saw Nick on one of the outside benches. He was eating something out of a to-go box from the buffet. I gave him a quick fist bump then I went inside to shop.

The are loved for the same reason you hate them.
They are polarizing.
That's all there is too it.

But people that don't love them probably have really unhappy lives.

They come to fight, they're honest and at times hilarious. Carlos Condit was known for finishing people, sometimes violently, and only had two decisions in his last ten fights before taking on Nick Diaz. Nick turned him into a point fighter and put him on that bicycle the entire fight.

People say Nick whines, sure, but he also gotten screwed over harder than anyone else by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. 5 year suspension and a $160k fine all for weed, which is legal in NV now funnily enough. Even those on steroids got lesser punishments.

I just watched an interview of Nick, I think it was around the Condit fight give or take, and he is talking about his mother driving him to training. He says she is a full time waitress, and this is when Nick was probably 30ish. Nick had no license at the time.

Raising 2 kids, possibly as a single mom, while working full time as a waitress. That's fucking hard. I have 2 kids and had a stretch where money was tight and I had to take a bartending job, 5 days a week 10+ hour shifts, standing and hustling. It was fucking exhausting. Thank God I had help because I was worthless in the morning.

Nick is essentially a rose that grew from concrete. The American dream. Came from nothing and became famous from hard work. High school dropout ->Strikeforce champion. MMA legend.

If you listen to Nick, and I think Textwarrior does, for whatever "tough guy" attributes he has, you can tell he is a compassionate person. He doesn't want anyone to get hurt. Doesn't consider himself a violent person. Thinks fighters who talk about wanting to hurt people are messed up.

Nick didn't choose fighting. He had no choice BUT fighting. He doesn't even like to fight. But yet he became a master of it and was one of the most disciplined well conditioned athletes we have seen in the sport.

Fighters will often say that you have one thing you can control in a fight, your conditioning. Guys like Nick and Bisping and Frankie took that to such a level that it became a weapon. Get your opponent tired and you can keep going because you worked harder to prepare. I don't know if we will see triathlon Nick tonight, but it was quite a show in his prime.

Three kids. They have a sister, too. They came from poverty, poor educational backgrounds yet rose above via martial arts to beat the odds and not become a statistic. If someone can't at least appreciate that, stop watching MMA.

Their greatest achievement was creating the illusion that they’re top and tough fighters. In actuality they’re both low tier journeymen who have max five top wins between them.
But they keep it real though!

They aren't beloved by all.
They appeal to a certain demographic.
Personally I respect them, but enjoy it when superior fighters maul them.

when does one use beloved as opposed to loved?
Generally speaking, beloved will be used when referring to an overall group sentiment, or to add more of a sentimental feeling, where loved is normally used when it is a singular entity who is giving love, or as a past tense of love.

They are synonyms and interchangable for the most part, but beloved is used to be a bit more fancy or poetic.

Funny personalities but more importantly they're completely unique fighters with their own style. And it's a very entertaining style.

Yeah, that was not the Nick I expected. I am not sure if he will want to come back either. Who knows, maybe it will light that fire and he will come back. He looked a Little slower and stiffer and cardio was not there which I think he could change but you never know if its an age thing or being away for so long.

To your post, yeah I always been a Nick Diaz fan. There is a really good documentary of recent about Nick. It says 2021, but there is a picture when Nate was young and he was fat? What the heck lol....Yeah Nate, not Nick, its 4:24 into video..if thats him on the right? ...Thats the first and only time I seen that...all others they always looked under fed and skinny. But it really starts off well talking about his origins and where he came from.

They like to say the Nick and Nate cult but I see it as more of a human condition than a cult. People, want to see the one who struggles win, cause we can all relate, since we all have our struggles. Also, like in the documentary, Nick would run to the grave of Stephanie who ended up killing herself and felt responsible. Thats a highly loyal person's behavior...Also, Nick got mad when they asked in front of Nate who would in a fight and Nick has said he does everything for his brother Nate during interviews. Can you ask for a better human being than that? Nick and Nate may give you the birdie when their mad and come from the wrong exterior but you can not but still like them for who they really are and thats the idea of human being inside. I think most people follow them because of that. They will always be remembered in the UFC.

because theyre high and unathletic, like most of sherdog.

What's not to love its one hell of a story.
Two brothers from nothing who carved a way out thru blood and sweat but when they made it they refused to be media babies and did it from day one their way.

They know nothing else and never sell out while during all this its become clear that they aren't the best at talking but if you are willing to get past speech impediments and shyness to actually listen to the points they make , they are both remarkable people who speak honestly.

They are something you won't see again its a rare thing thats never ever going to be for everyone but those that it resonates with its touching
You have to scratch beneath the surface poke around

They are every kid that was bullied, every kid that never fitted in , every kid that struggled to convey what they experienced and felt, its almost like saying ' look you don't have to be cool, you don't have to be a certain way just be the most legit version on you thats enough'
They represent a section of society that not every gets and or has felt like, they 100% know this and they made it thru .
When your forever told your nothing you can't be anything then yeah you stick up two fingers.

Who they have fought is amazing and while some were too shallow to see past their agnst and struggled communication they called shit out and saw thru a lot of stuff people were blind too.
They have been royally shafted by the system at times

They did it their way while you may not get it or understand it the fact remains they are icons for people Inside and outside of the ring
Two bros who love each other dearly came from nothing put it on the line refused to play the corporate game and put it a out there the good the bad the ugly.
They didn't edit or sanitise it , the let you see their fck ups the errors they just let it hang out warts and all .

If I was able to hang for a day with anyone in MMA it would be these guys.
It ain't far everyone but it what it is.

I kind of get it for Nick. He has this natural aura and had very good hands.
Nate on the other hand, I never understood. He is like a try-hard, discount Nick. Super cringe trying to act like some rapper and flexing all the time. He is also not very good.

Nate comes across as someone that was born punch drunk

What's not to love its one hell of a story.
Two brothers from nothing who carved a way out thru blood and sweat but when they made it they refused to be media babies and did it from day one their way.

They know nothing else and never sell out while during all this its become clear that they aren't the best at talking but if you are willing to get past speech impediments and shyness to actually listen to the points they make , they are both remarkable people who speak honestly.

They are something you won't see again its a rare thing thats never ever going to be for everyone but those that it resonates with its touching
You have to scratch beneath the surface poke around

They are every kid that was bullied, every kid that never fitted in , every kid that struggled to convey what they experienced and felt, its almost like saying ' look you don't have to be cool, you don't have to be a certain way just be the most legit version on you thats enough'
They represent a section of society that not every gets and or has felt like, they 100% know this and they made it thru .
When your forever told your nothing you can't be anything then yeah you stick up two fingers.

Who they have fought is amazing and while some were too shallow to see past their agnst and struggled communication they called shit out and saw thru a lot of stuff people were blind too.
They have been royally shafted by the system at times

They did it their way while you may not get it or understand it the fact remains they are icons for people Inside and outside of the ring
Two bros who love each other dearly came from nothing put it on the line refused to play the corporate game and put it a out there the good the bad the ugly.
They didn't edit or sanitise it , the let you see their fck ups the errors they just let it hang out warts and all .

If I was able to hang for a day with anyone in MMA it would be these guys.
It ain't far everyone but it what it is.

what a load of horseshit this all is

like half of all boxers/NFL/NBA players came from even worse backgrounds than the Diaz bros

they ain't special or unique in that sense

Back