Why are Hendricks fans so mad about him facing The Ellen Burger?

TruckHarder

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So some people think Hendricks deserves the next title shot, I understand that. But he isn't getting it and many people believe he needs to do more to secure a title shot.

My question is, why are Hendricks fans saying he deserves it and shouldn't be facing Ellenberger? Why are they so afraid he will lose that fight and ruin his title chances?

No offense but if you want to be the #1 contender you need to be able to beat anyone but the champ. If he doesn't beat Ellenberger he doesn't deserve to fight GSP. Either way his fans see him fight pretty soon and if he wins impressively he will likely get a title shot.

Title shots aren't earned, they are given, based upon numerous factors. If we gave everyone who scored a KO in their last fight a title shot then there wouldn't be enough champions to fight.

I think it's more the fact Diaz is getting a shot coming off a loss. Compared to Hendricks, who is on a good tear.

It's merely a comparison of who is more deserving.

I am still a 1,2 & 5 guy. Diaz earned a shot imo.

I think it's more the fact Diaz is getting a shot coming off a loss. Compared to Hendricks, who is on a good tear.

It's merely a comparison of who is more deserving.

I am still a 1,2 & 5 guy. Diaz earned a shot imo.

I believe Diaz won the condit fight too, but it's irrelevant if others thought he lost it. The reason why it's irrelevant is that it was a decision anyhow where both fighters left without much damage.

Regardless of Diaz though, many people think Hendricks lost the fight to Koschecks and at the very least showed everyone in the world that if he can't decisively beat Koschecks what hope does he have to beat GSP?

Hendricks beat kos, fitch and kampmann whereas Diaz lost to condit and then got suspended. Diaz then gets a shot over hendricks? Their anger is justified imo.

Obviously winning isn't one of them.

It would be stupid if winning was a major factor. The sane reason being that GSP wouldn't have been able to reclaim his title immediately, BJ penn couldn't revenge the shocking decision, etc.

A decision loss where both fighters hardly touch each other mostly due to Condit is hardly a loss one should consider that important.

Hendricks beat kos, fitch and kampmann whereas Diaz lost to condit and then got suspended. Diaz then gets a shot over hendricks? Their anger is justified imo.

Diaz "lost" to Condit. He didn't lose to Condit in any real sense of the word unless you somehow think judges are perfect at scoring every fight.

If Diaz got viciously beaten, knocked out, or whatever the Diaz haters would have a claim. But a decision loss where Condit gameplanned him and ran backwards most of the night? Nah, let's get serious here.

It's not Hendricks fans, it's the same whiners who complained when Fitch didn't get a SECOND shot because, waaahhh he's won several fights in a row!

Hendricks will get his time.

Til then, don't bitch about 2 solid fights (GSP vs Diaz and Hendricks vs Ellenberger.)

Cause it may be the burger doing the eating this time.

Hendricks will have dat red sauce all over his face when Jake is done with him.

Youngun youngsteinel get the eff in here quick mang.

It's not Hendricks fans, it's the same whiners who complained when Fitch didn't get a SECOND shot because, waaahhh he's won several fights in a row!

Hendricks will get his time.

Til then, don't bitch about 2 solid fights (GSP vs Diaz and Hendricks vs Ellenberger.)

I agree. I've been wanting to see Diaz vs GSP for a while, even though GSP seems unbeatable who can know with Diaz who will bring it every round.

Secondly Hendricks vs Ellenberger is a good fight, so why complain? It's not like this is Hendricks last fight ever, why are his fans so precious?

Cause it may be the burger doing the eating this time.

Hendricks will have dat red sauce all over his face when Jake is done with him.

Youngun youngsteinel get the eff in here quick mang.

If Hendricks fans are so worried about him getting done over by Ellenberger he has no chance against GSP.

Diaz "lost" to Condit. He didn't lose to Condit in any real sense of the word unless you somehow think judges are perfect at scoring every fight.

If Diaz got viciously beaten, knocked out, or whatever the Diaz haters would have a claim. But a decision loss where Condit gameplanned him and ran backwards most of the night? Nah, let's get serious here.

Hendricks was still far more deserving of the shot and even if you had Diaz winning that fight it was still an extremely underwhelming performance, coupled with his suspension and it looks like quite the gift from uncle Dana.

some people think he deserves the title shot? no, everyone knows he deserves the title shot...impossible to dispute...w/ that being said, i certainly understand why hes not getting it...the UFC wants the bigger $$$ fight and thats GSP v Diaz...im pretty confident hendricks will t/ko ellenberger so hell eventually get his title shot and hell have alot of steam behind him coming off multiple top 10 finishes...

Hendricks was still far more deserving of the shot and even if you had Diaz winning that fight it was still an extremely underwhelming performance, coupled with his suspension and it looks like quite the gift from uncle Dana.

It's hard to fight someone who is running backwards and executing a game plan. If Diaz had won that fight then what most people thought was logical, the guy coming to fight, would have won it.

It's hard to understand who exactly likes what Condit did to Diaz. "Wow what a game plan". Lets get serious. It takes two to tango and I'd prefer fighters, whoever they are, actually showed some influence on the fight.

GSP may get decisions but he so completely dominates that no one is left wondering.

It would be stupid if winning was a major factor. The sane reason being that GSP wouldn't have been able to reclaim his title immediately, BJ penn couldn't revenge the shocking decision, etc.

A decision loss where both fighters hardly touch each other mostly due to Condit is hardly a loss one should consider that important.
I think immediate rematches are stupid. There are so much fun fightd out there each time and we often get stuck with something we saw already.

It's hard to fight someone who is running backwards and executing a game plan. If Diaz had won that fight then what most people thought was logical, the guy coming to fight, would have won it.

It's hard to understand who exactly likes what Condit did to Diaz. "Wow what a game plan". Lets get serious. It takes two to tango and I'd prefer fighters, whoever they are, actually showed some influence on the fight.

GSP may get decisions but he so completely dominates that no one is left wondering.

Im not getting into this again. This Condit ran bullshit. He utilised range,distance and footwork to nulify Diaz's boxing, he outlanded him my some margin and won the fight in the eyes of the judges. Lets stop now before we start another shitstorm.

even if you feel diaz won that fight vs condit, at best he barely won in a lackluster fight, and hendricks still did far more to deserve the title shot...beating pierce, koscheck, and KOing Fitch (the perennial #2 WW) and kampmann plus other wins...theres no valid arguement to be made showing that diaz deserves the title fight...hes getting it because its a bigger $$$ fight...we all get that...it is what it is...but as far as earning the shot the good old fashioned way by beating top contenders? impossible to dispute that hendricks is very easily the true #1 contender...im fine w/ Diaz getting the fight only because i felt we got screwed out of the fight due to injuries and suspensions and i cant wait for GSP to beat him...im really interested in the gsp v. diaz fight but he def. hasnt earned the title shot...

Back