Why are Hendricks fans so mad about him facing The Ellen Burger?

Anybody with a brain know that Hendricks deserve it more.
And even if GSP will be favoured over both, is also the one with most decent chance (puncher's chance) to win

If UFC was about respect MMA as a legit sport, there was no doubt

But since UFC is about getting big money, and marketing guys know that many mma fans are wwe like level, obsessed with character-outside-the-cage "luls Diaz trashtalked shit about GSP, so want see George beat him up in at wrestlemania43!"
This will happen
And don't try to deny it, because Dana himself have absolutely no problem admit that they influence things to make happen the best seller situation

When you accept (not agree, just accept) this simple truth, you deal with dat shit without get butthurt
So, things go like that because is the way they go, simple as that.

But please, don't insult everybody intelligence trying to justify it in retard threads
We all know that if at same record/situation there was a not-marketable (by wwe/ufc standards) fighter instead Diaz, he will just don't get it

And Dana's excuse for this BS is so fucking dumb it's infuriating, talking about how GSP never asks for anything so he should get Diaz. What the fuck is there to ask for anyways, dude pretty much only fights in his hometown now. And if you are going to give him some random fight that makes zero sense do it after he fights the guy that is probably the single most deserving challenger GSP would have fought during his entire reign as champion.

Naw, when Hendricks fought Kos it went down to split win. GSP was UD win over Kos and sent Kos to the hospital for month with a broken eye orbital. Kos has about the same amount of KO than Hendricks. It would be the same as Kos fight GSP keeping distance with jabs and kicks.

Really GSP could out match most fighters in WW, I cant see anyone taking him out unless GSP decide to risk more to get a flashy KO.
I'm interested to see GSP fight a good wrestler with nasty power AFTER his ACL surgery. I'm not convinced he's the same athlete right now that he was prior to his injury.

Im not getting into this again. This Condit ran bullshit. He utilised range,distance and footwork to nulify Diaz's boxing, he outlanded him my some margin and won the fight in the eyes of the judges. Lets stop now before we start another shitstorm.

Well said

I'm interested to see GSP fight a good wrestler with nasty power AFTER his ACL surgery. I'm not convinced he's the same athlete right now that he was prior to his injury.

lol. Ellenberger has more for GSP in the wrestling stakes than Hendricks.

Seems like more fans outside of sherdog or people who follow MMA religiously want to see GSP vs Nick. Im glad Hendricks decide to take up another fight than wait for a title match unlike condit.

lol. Ellenberger has more for GSP in the wrestling stakes than Hendricks.
Maybe they should gift him a shot too then after he loses to Hendricks and Johny can fight Rory, Erick Silva and Fitch again to finally earn a shot.

In MMA any fight is risky.Get this dude,i am a Hendricks fan who doesn't think he can beat GSP but he earned his shot.He NEEDS to make a living.He deserves it.
Jake does not at this point.He lost to kampmann who JH beat and now he gets Hendricks,it doesn't even make sense.

Hendricks himself said a title shot with GSP is worth millions.He deserves that cash.
It is evil to take away something from someone who has earned it.

Here proof:
http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012...s-no-problem-waiting-for-winner-of-gsp-condit

So you care more about Hendricks getting money than an entertaining fight. Enough said.

So some people think Hendricks deserves the next title shot, I understand that. But he isn't getting it and many people believe he needs to do more to secure a title shot.

My question is, why are Hendricks fans saying he deserves it and shouldn't be facing Ellenberger? Why are they so afraid he will lose that fight and ruin his title chances?

No offense but if you want to be the #1 contender you need to be able to beat anyone but the champ. If he doesn't beat Ellenberger he doesn't deserve to fight GSP. Either way his fans see him fight pretty soon and if he wins impressively he will likely get a title shot.

Title shots aren't earned, they are given, based upon numerous factors. If we gave everyone who scored a KO in their last fight a title shot then there wouldn't be enough champions to fight.

Who's complaining about the fight? People are complaining that fighters keep talking their way into championship fights rather than earning them (like Hendricks has). I'm stoked for the fight, even as a huge Hendricks fan. As I'm sure a hundred people have all ready said, it's just ridiculous that Diaz gets a title shot coming off the loss and suspension. I know, you don't think he lost. But he did

Im not getting into this again. This Condit ran bullshit. He utilised range,distance and footwork to nulify Diaz's boxing, he outlanded him my some margin and won the fight in the eyes of the judges. Lets stop now before we start another shitstorm.

lol, except the actual proof says otherwise.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/condit-vs-diaz-official-ufc-statistics.html

Check the official strike stats newb. 50 "Leg jabs" . Take away those and Diaz won the striking. If you think "leg jabs" are some kinda massive deal and watched that fight I'm sure eskimos are selling you ice right now.

Who's complaining about the fight? People are complaining that fighters keep talking their way into championship fights rather than earning them (like Hendricks has). I'm stoked for the fight, even as a huge Hendricks fan. As I'm sure a hundred people have all ready said, it's just ridiculous that Diaz gets a title shot coming off the loss and suspension. I know, you don't think he lost. But he did

Diaz was lined up to get this shot way before he talked anything about it. The fact is GSP wants it, most people want it and Diaz was on a massive winning streak until the condit gameplan gave him a weak decision.

If you factor in Hendricks second last fight as a loss, as it should be, he isn't even close to a "Tear" as some people pretend.

lol, except the actual proof says otherwise.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/condit-vs-diaz-official-ufc-statistics.html

Check the official strike stats newb. 50 "Leg jabs" . Take away those and Diaz won the striking. If you think "leg jabs" are some kinda massive deal and watched that fight I'm sure eskimos are selling you ice right now.

Okay lets just pick and choose what stats we want to see. 50 kicks? Meh. It doesnt work that way son. And they are a massive deal if they land yes, its pretty simple.

Okay lets just pick and choose what stats we want to see. 50 kicks? Meh. It doesnt work that way son. And they are a massive deal if they land yes, its pretty simple.

If you think all of those leg jabs mattered and actually watched that fight then I have no doubt that you lack critical thinking. Fight metric thinks 47 of those 50 kicks were "significant strikes". That is hilarious.

Anyone watching that fight and seeing how those kicks did almost nothing to Diaz, even the ones that hit him in the face would know they were not "Significant strikes".

If you think all of those leg jabs mattered and actually watched that fight then I have no doubt that you lack critical thinking. Fight metric thinks 47 of those 50 kicks were "significant strikes". That is hilarious.

Anyone watching that fight and seeing how those kicks did almost nothing to Diaz, even the ones that hit him in the face would know they were not "Significant strikes".

They still landed. 50 more than Diaz landed. Thats significant by any measure.

Diaz was lined up to get this shot way before he talked anything about it. The fact is GSP wants it, most people want it and Diaz was on a massive winning streak until the condit gameplan gave him a weak decision.

If you factor in Hendricks second last fight as a loss, as it should be, he isn't even close to a "Tear" as some people pretend.

And if Nick fought tougher competition instead of Strikefarce, he isn't even close to where he's at right now.

But he didn't.. Just like Johny didn't lose.

So some people think Hendricks deserves the next title shot, I understand that. But he isn't getting it and many people believe he needs to do more to secure a title shot.

I have never seem anyone claiming that.

Do you want to be the first one TS?

Everyone believe he's the number one contender, but it's up to Dana and the board.

So you care more about Hendricks getting money than an entertaining fight. Enough said.

Hendricks has more chance than Diaz who i believe will get annihilated.

I do not think anyone can beat GSP at WW.

I care about Hendricks getting what he deserves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back