Why are guys like Josh Parisian in the UFC?

Well I def don't agree. It def does matter. Esp w grappling involved
Weight does matter, 100%. I'm saying that UFC MWs and LHWs aren't actually smaller though, it's just that they make effort to control their weight, while UFC HWs do not at all. If UFC MWs and LHWs let themselves go, they wouldn't be at any weight disadvantage against most UFC HWs besides a few true monsters like Ngannou or Aspinall.

No, there wouldn't be. The top rung of LHWs and even MWs are good enough to beat most UFC HWs.

The biggest MWs would lose to Parisian they just do not weigh enough in the cage to be competitive with a 265er who knows what they are doing.

The breaking through should be done at the regional level. And frankly I'm not sure how Braxton Smith even got to the UFC, he wasn't even the best on the regional level lmao

He got signed because he was brutally knocking every single opponent he fought out cold.

Also, the poor showing in his debut may have been because he knew he was going to pop for PEDs so there would be no 2nd UFC fight (at least not for a while), and did not come prepared.

My contention here isn't that weight doesn't matter, it's rather that a lot of UFC LHWs and MWs aren't *actually* smaller than UFC HWs, it's just that they take the effort to work off the body fat, diet down, and cut water weight so that they could make 185 or 205. Meanwhile most UFC HWs give 0 f-cks and just walk around at full obesity at all times. So if UFC MWs and LHWs stopped trying to control their weight, they'd be the same size as most UFC HWs. Their success then would boil down mostly to their level of skill.
Why would you WANT to come in fat and sloppy? There's a difference between dieting down to lose 20 pounds before big weight cutting and gaining 50 pound for a guy struggling to make 175 because "fuck it I'm a heavyweight if I don't worry about my weight".

There shouldn't be any cannon fodder in the UFC. That's what's destroying the brand.

Somebody has to lose buddy even with the top 10 hw in the world fighting each other for 4 years you'd have someone looking like a chump

Back