Why Andserson Silva is not the goat

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
- He was more spectacular than dominant (don't get me wrong, he was dominant, very dominant, but what you remember about Silva is more his flawless style than his winstreak/title defense who is lower than Jones or GSP anyways)

My main point is:

- The mediocre fighter Chael Sonnen was his biggest rival and he almost beat Silva twice, he struggled twice against him (40+ Fedor toyed Chael, PED Jones murdered Sonnen)

Jones had Cormier, GSP had BJ or PED hendricks, Fedor had Crocop, Aldo had Conor or Mendes

Silva had Sonnen...

- Like Jones he is not totally clean about dopping unlike GSP, Khabib, Fedor, Cormier, etc (His fall was too sudden, it's too suspicious, or obvious)

- surely other things but i let people who agree with me to add them

Like everybody here, i love Silva he was one of the most if not the most satisfying fighter to watch/admire fighting in a cage. A fucking legend.

If there is one fighter at his prime i can bring back and keep him at his prime forever it would be him (or fedor)

Discuss

Last edited:
PEDs. Has 1 win and 7 losses in the last 7 years. Got KOd by one-hit wonder Weidman.

firstly how fucking dare you call chael "mediocre"

<DisgustingHHH>

secondly no one thinks anderson is the goat anymore.

Who cares about PEDS. He’s 4th behind Jones-GSP-Fedor and Aldo

I'm not sure why so many people here feel the need to constantly try to discredit the sport's biggest figures.

If he would have retired 10 years ago, he could have been the GOAT I guess. Before the fall from grace. He has had a great career though. Hall of famer for sure and will always be known as a guy who set the bar. Quite high to. I always enjoyed watching his scraps.

Goat is a overblown hyperbowl expression anyways. They always change depending on the time and who ya ask. In my 20 years of being a fan my personal opinion of the Goat went from Gracie to Fedor To Silva To Mightymouse To GSP and Jones. As the times change so do the goats. It should be renamed to Greatest of their time. GOTT

Last edited:
Silva was incredible, and he didn't pop for PEDs until AFTER that horrific injury. He's easily top 5 all-time.

Oh, this thread, again...

439.gif

Third GSP was on roids.
"
OMG then so was Fedor, or Shogun, or ANY OTHER FIGHTER THAT U CONSIDER GREAT!!! Give the whole "everyone is on juice" or the "Look at his physique, he's gotta be on juice". Never failed a drug test and there's alot of guys that have really good bodies that aren't on juice. He was jacked, but nowhere near unachievable. Ur probably just fat and lazy and can't understand how someone can be in good shape

- He was more spectacular than dominant (don't get me wrong, he was dominant, very dominant, but what you remember about Silva is more his flawless style than his winstreak/title defense who is lower than Jones or GSP anyways)

My main point is:

- The mediocre fighter Chael Sonnen was his biggest rival and he almost beat Silva twice, he struggled twice against him (40+ Fedor toyed Chael, PED Jones murdered Sonnen)

Jones had Cormier, GSP had BJ or PED hendricks, Fedor had Crocop, Aldo had Conor or Mendes

Silva had Sonnen...

- Like Jones he is not totally clean about dopping unlike GSP, Khabib, Fedor, Cormier, etc (His fall was too sudden, it's too suspicious, or obvious)

Like everybody here, i love Silva he was one of the most if not the most satisfying fighter to watch/admire fighting in a cage.

Discuss
sonnen was his biggest rival because he so easily beat dan henderson. aldo didn't have conor.....conor has aldo....

And
upload_2020-10-30_14-59-12.gif

My main point is:

Silva had Sonnen...

Like everybody here, i love Silva he was one of the most if not the most satisfying fighter to watch/admire fighting in a cage.

Discuss

About your main point. There is no debate that Chael pretty much had him beat in the first fight till the hailbmary sub. But how did he struggle and almost lose to him in the rematch? Anderson TKO'd him not even 2 mins into the 2nd round.

sonnen was his biggest rival because he so easily beat dan henderson. aldo didn't have conor.....conor has aldo....

And
View attachment 811078

Chael threw the fight and was fighting at HW when he's a natural MW at best. Fedor fans are desperate. I'd actually pick prime Anderson at 185 to beat prime Fedor at 230.

"
OMG then so was Fedor, or Shogun, or ANY OTHER FIGHTER THAT U CONSIDER GREAT!!! Give the whole "everyone is on juice" or the "Look at his physique, he's gotta be on juice". Never failed a drug test and there's alot of guys that have really good bodies that aren't on juice. He was jacked, but nowhere near unachievable. Ur probably just fat and lazy and can't understand how someone can be in good shape

No your fat and stupid. You don’t understand anything about working out because your a fat slob. Go watch him vs sherk. Sherk is a juicer big time. Was totally juiced vs GSP. GSP totally rag dolls him. Did not use technique against a more credentialed wrestler, just overpowered him. Sherk and literally no answer. Go tell me that GSP wasn’t on juice homie.

Back