Why Andserson Silva is not the goat

While I agree with most of the things, the point about Sonnen I don't.

We all know styles make fights.
McGregor lost to Diaz (a good but not elite fighter), Khabib struggled with Tibau, Jones had a splt decision against Thiago Santos, GSP lost to Matt Serra (fluke).
Sonnen was a bad match-up, and that's it

Also, Sonnen didn't almost beat Silva in the 2nd fight.
He had an amazing 1st round, and that's it (even though Silva cheated a bit with the shorts-pulling).

Chael Sonnen was his biggest rival and he almost beat Silva twice

w3mD3H.gif

Silva's defenses were consecutive, not getting stripped of the title multiple times like jon. And he didn't get finished twice, once losing his own belt, before starting his run like gsp did.

Sonnen beat a lot of legit fighters, he was far from some can. Its the convington effect, you hate him (or silva) so much you cant let yourself see how good he is.

Anderson's the GOAT. End of story.

By the time Jones retires, he will have taken that crown, but Anderson's title run is still the most impressive in UFC history.

I don't count the late career losses against him. It's a different Spider out there.

After the losses to Weidman (second one was a freak accident, no doubt), Silva transitioned away from being a champion, and more into being an ambassador for MMA and UFC.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/hot-take-an-ode-to-anderson-silva-the-ufcs-greatest-of-all-time/

I'm not sure why so many people here feel the need to constantly try to discredit the sport's biggest figures.

you're right. lance armstrong is goat cyclist and in fact goat athlete of all time across all sports.

but what you remember about Silva is more his flawless style than his winstreak/title defense who is lower than Jones or GSP anyways)

Silva's winstreak is the biggest in UFC history and his title reign was the longest, what the hell are you talking about

-
Jones had Cormier, GSP had BJ or PED hendricks, Fedor had Crocop, Aldo had Conor or Mendes

Silva had Sonnen...

Cro Cop over Big Nog? The guy that was 31-4-1 when he won the UFC belt? 31-2-1 minus the Fedor fights? Big Nog is the best fighter any of the GOAT candidates beat and it's not close. He also finished Mirko

Aldo had Frankie.....Not sure why Chad was mentioned when Frankie was better and finished Chad too

I consider him Goat alot of people dont remember this but champs which feels along time ago fought just to fight AS did this on multiple occasions

you're right. lance armstrong is goat cyclist and in fact goat athlete of all time across all sports.
That is one hell of a leap there, bud

Because of some rivalry made up by the media? Or some fake grudge created by the UFC to sell tickets? What does that have to do with anything?

I agree that Anderson is not Goat, but the only reason is that What Fedor accomplished is almost impossible to pass. Anderson is still a good no 2.

fits with your logic. i mean okay i went too far. according to you lance is goat cyclist.
You know what they say about assumptions.

Back