• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whose UFC Career Disappointed You the Most?

CroCop, Huerta, Mcgregor, Overeem to name a few

Gabriel Gonzaga. What could have been if..

I hate to use this one because it makes me seem like such a casual, but Conor McGregor is an absolute disappointment at the moment in terms of activity and willingness to fight the best of the best.

Now... The serious ones.

Mirko Cro Cop is definitely at the top for me. I also found Shogun inconsistent.

Cro Cop - for obvious reasons, was bummed for days after that Gonzaga KO.

Ken Shamrock - got into MMA because of him nearly 20 years ago, but ironically some of his fights were the most boring in the history of the sport. There were some good fights in there as well of course, but he literally invented lay and pray.

Melvin Guillard was always the monster no one wanted to strike with, but never improved his grappling game, i wonder how far he could have gone with Lawler/Aldo TDD level.
Remember when Cowboy head kicked him? Hope this helps.

Who?
Kang? I am missing something or did the old man fall to a troll lol...

Dude i was wondering the same shit. Dennis Lang? It’s Denis Kang. And yes, he was a letdown but he had a lot going on personally and I don’t really blame him for it. But to be fair, he was one of the few Pride guys coming over that was basically peaking or such.

Honestly, for me, its Will Brooks.

ImI gunna go with Jake Shields. Beat some crazy good names. GSP took his soul.

Man, GSP marked so many fighters peaks. Never the same after a Rush clinic.

Whether it was failing to live up to the hype, sticking around too long, or just never reaching their full potential, whose UFC career disappointed you the most?

Here's a few of mine that spring to mind:

- Ben Rothwell: A big name in mma at the time he joined the roster but he only fought 10 TIMES despite being on the roster for 9 years! Every big win he had went nowhere and a lot of interesting matchups (vs Cro Cop, vs Werdum, vs Stipe) fell through because of injuries or suspensions. He could have been a reliable gatekeeper or unlikely contender for years but instead, he has faded into obscurity.

- Little Nog: Similar to Ben, Little Nog came in with a big name and was just never able make it to the cage consistently. Probably the most injury prone fighter in history, it was nearly impossible to get excited for one of his fights because he was likely to pull out 90% of the time. Many Pride dream matches were ruined because of this and the barren wasteland that is the 205 division could still have a name floating around if Diet Nog's career panned out.

- Big Nog: A top 3 HW and one of the most beloved fighters in mma history prior to joining the UFC, Nog was a bit too battle torn to fight at the same level as he did in Pride. Once known for being classy and durable, Nog got finished... a lot once joining the UFC roster and became infamous for making Tito Ortiz level excuses about the losses which really tainted his legacy to some.

- Shogun: Ranked #1 in the world when he arrived, Shogun could have been champ for years to come but despite being young, his knees had too many miles on them for him to regain his old form. His win over Machida was one of the most epic in history, but it's still disappointing to have never seen him string together a real streak of great performances.

There are plenty more examples to think of (Jones, Cro Cop, Anderson, Machida, etc). Whose UFC career do you associate the most with feelings of disappointment?

2 of the guys on your list are former UFC champions...what a disappointment

Nick lost the first round to an out-of-shape, over-the-hill Light Weight. Lost the striking 33 - 20. The "best boxer in MMA" got boxed up. By a manlet.

Then the little butterball ran out of gas, making Nick look good.

If BJ was the same size as Nick, and in condition, he would beat the hell out of Diaz 10/10 times. But he isn't and he wasn't.
Wait what....
Nick lost the first round to an out-of-shape, over-the-hill Light Weight. Lost the striking 33 - 20. The "best boxer in MMA" got boxed up. By a manlet.

Then the little butterball ran out of gas, making Nick look good.

If BJ was the same size as Nick, and in condition, he would beat the hell out of Diaz 10/10 times. But he isn't and he wasn't.
shoulda coulda woulda

What actually happened is Nick put it on him.

olympic wrestler who was somehow average in wmma
saramcmann_pic01.jpg
her car ! hahha

FUCK outta here. Nog coud never taint his legacy with his excuses. That guys body must be a mess after all the times he died in the cage. If he wanna talk about it,thats tough shit,for you,bitch. Sit down,shut up and listen to the man.

I thought nogs ufc run was better than alot of the other hws who came over. Its like night and day compared to mirko.

Machida ever since he got into scrambles. He is just so lost.

Cain Velasquez, after he beat Brock I thought he would dominate and be champ for many years and he looked unbeatable and had it all. But its been a huge disappointment, he just never fights. Is always injured and I have no hope that he will actually fight anytime soon, just expect another pull out again sadly.

Back