Whose prior criminal actions are more easily forgivable?

Instead of judging others perhaps you should try to better yourself. Good luck..

^ this may be the most worthless post in all sherdog

anyways, this thread is a perfect example of how intense the Jones hate is

if you asked people outside of this context, what's worse; a DUI or multiple instances of assault, aggravated assault and even grievous bodily harm, I don't think we'd have much of a contest
but if you tag Jones' name to the DUI, suddenly people have a decision to make...

based on what source?

Seriously, I don't mind admitting to being wrong but I would like to read what exactly transpired between him and the people he allegedly assaulted.

I could have sworn his explanation for a lot of it was bullying.

Seriously can not believe you can go around accusing a fighter of beating a woman without a shred of evidence. I've reported several guys and I'm yet to see a single yellow card being handed out. It's bizarre.

But whatever. I guess it's ok to likewise spread false rumors about Jones doing steroids and raping girls or something similar then? Or not? Double standards much?

Well Gus said it was inexcusable and has been rehabilitated. Jones said "Now I don't have to pretend." and "it freed me" and still drinks.

So..... I go with the person who grew up.

But mostly I give zero fu#ks.

Find me one source that "alleges" this.

Reported.

He's essentially trying to point to the report (all in Swedish) that states he attacked multiple individuals. I'm still hoping to get a Swedish native at Drysdale's to translate the parts that pertain directly to him.

But from what I've heard from credible sources, Gus was in a gang and his violence was related to squabbles in the gang. He has since had a single interview where he discussed it. He stated there was no excuse and he does not provide excuses. The most he says is that he "was bored and turned all my energy into negative energy" (paraphrased but near-quote).

He was trying to get a kickback for his potential buyers, and you're comparing this to physically assaulting multiple people and possibly killing someone with a vehicle? The Chael hate is strong in this one.

You must have missed my first line it explained it very clearly.

I don't really see how the two are comparable. I mean Jones could've actually hurt or killed someone or multiple people, but he didn't. Meanwhile Gus actually did assault and hurt multiple people.

It's not like Jones has a big history of DUI's, Gus however does have a history of violent behaviour.

Jones is about as goody two shoes as you can get. Gus has a bit of scumbag in him.

And in case anyone is wondering, I'm not being biased here. I'm white, so I'm not unfairly judging Gus. And I like both guys, they're two of the only LHW's that I like, along with Anthony Johnson.

He's essentially trying to point to the report (all in Swedish) that states he attacked multiple individuals. I'm still hoping to get a Swedish native at Drysdale's to translate the parts that pertain directly to him.

But from what I've heard from credible sources, Gus was in a gang and most of his violence was related to squabbles in the gang. He has since had a single interview where he discussed it. He stated there was no excuse and he does not provide excuses. The most he says is that he "was bored and turned all my energy into negative energy" (paraphrased but near-quote).

I've read the court documents and so has several other swedes that have already confirmed here on Sherdog that many of the rumors are pure rubbish. He wasn't an angel by any means but he:

- Wasn't in a "gang". The guys that were with him were athletes that got into fight with other kids like so many other kids in small towns around rural Sweden.

- Did not "beat", "punch" or "kick" a woman. There's conflicting reports about hem shrugging one off when he was fighting some dude and another where he supposedly pushed/shoved her but this was in the context of her brother admitting to the cops that he took the first swing at Alex and then retracting it in court.

- Did not steal from or rob people.

- Didn't fight guys who weren't up for it. I saw one "translation" on Reddit that made it's way onto Sherdog and UG where Alex apparently "attacked" and battered some innocent guy in front of his woman but then you go on Facebook and he's got ties to Bandidos and notorious criminals.

It's stupid. Trolling at best and hardcore slander at worst.

I heard he regularly assaulted people and one time chucked a girl onto a wooden deck after kicking her boyfriend who was already knocked out in the skull or something.

No he actually uppercutted her off a stone bridge into a spike pit and got the fatality of the night bonus. Scorpion was pissed.

Gus is more forgettable since we don't actually know what happened, it's just hearsay

You must have missed my first line it explained it very clearly.

This...."He is the one convicted of the most serious crime" doesn't explain a thing. It just adds to the ridiculousness of your ludicrous assertion.

I've read the court documents and so has several other swedes that have already confirmed here on Sherdog that many of the rumors are pure rubbish. He wasn't an angel by any means but he:

- Wasn't in a "gang". The guys that were with him were athletes that got into fight with other kids like so many other kids in small towns around rural Sweden.

- Did not "beat", "punch" or "kick" a woman. There's conflicting reports about hem shrugging one off when he was fighting some dude and another where he supposedly pushed/shoved her but this was in the context of her brother admitting to the cops that he took the first swing at Alex and then retracting it in court.

- Did not steal from or rob people.

- Didn't fight guys who weren't up for it. I saw one "translation" on Reddit that made it's way onto Sherdog and UG where Alex apparently "attacked" and battered some innocent guy in front of his woman but then you go on Facebook and he's got ties to Bandidos and notorious criminals.

It's stupid. Trolling at best and hardcore slander at worst.

Yeah, I can't speak on the women or robbing thing. All I know is when I ran it by some Swedes they were pretty sure it was gang related. But by gang, we're not talking Bloods/Crips. We're talking that they have to technically be called a gang because they're groups of young men.

Gus's crime is worse. He actually assaulted someone with the intent to do so. Jones was out partying, thought he was fine and drove without assessing the consequences. Yes, it's bad but guess what, my noble Sherdog moralists, it happens and I have a feeling that most of you have done it at least once. I guess my distinction is that what Jones did was knuckleheaded behavior and what Gus did is thuggish behavior. From a mens rea standpoint, I can forgive a knucklehead. I can forgive a thug too but it'll take more convincing.
I agree with this^

Unless you are a highschool age kid or just have never had a drink I think it's safe to say many have had a drink or two with dinner or at a social gathering and gotten behind the wheel of a car. Often those who get DUIs aren't aware they are considered legally drunk or have little other options to get home.

When did Gus hurt innocent people? I know he's been charged with assault but is it proven he's just attacked people completely unprovoked? Do you know the details of the altercations enough to say Gus was completely guilty?

If I can see proof Gus attacked innocent people for no reason and beat up a girl I might change my mind.

He got in fights with innocent people, from what I read. I never said he struck a woman, only made offensive physical contact (shoving, so it seemed). You don't get convicted and go to jail for self defense. There was a thread on this, with sources translated by Scandinavian Sherdoggers, a couple of months ago.

He is the one convicted of the most serious crime.

Its kinda funny how everyone hates a welfare cheat, but a tax dodger is doing gods work and sticking it to the man.

To me stealing from tax payers is stealing from tax payers.

Oh come on! Those are not the same. There's a huge distinction between trying to keep what's yours (i.e. not wanting to hand over your hard earned money to the taxman) and welfare cheats (taking what someone else earned and gave to the government). The principle is vastly different, and you know that.

As far as "serious crime": what does that prove? Selling weed to is a more serious crime in my state than drunk driving. Which do you think is less forgiveable? Which is more morally reprehensible?

Severity of illegality =/= severity of immorality

Back