Whose prior criminal actions are more easily forgivable?

If Gus hit a girl, then him.

What if this "girl" had a penis, and he found out by his own hand instead of him/her telling him.

Then would it be ok to hit this "girl"?

Jon Jones' or Alexander Gustafsson's?

Jones drove his car under the influence of alcohol and crashed it into a pole. Gustafsson allegedly punched a girl multiple times.

While Gustafsson's actions seem a lot worse at first, he was also younger than Jones was when Jones crashed this car. It doesn't make the crimes any better be perhaps makes it easier to forgive him.

Jones, meanwhile, did become champion at a young age and was sort of thrown into the spotlight. People aren't perfect, and we should at least be thankful no one was seriously hurt.

I'm kind of torn on this, so what do you guys think?

Be torn all you want. I don't give a fuck

Well-said. While I don't know either one of them personally, from what I can see in the media, it appears both have matured a lot since their experiences.

Thanks, appreciate the support.

You realize a 6'4"+ man physically assaulting a woman could kill her, right? People slip on icy sidewalks in the winter, crack their skulls, and are dead within hours.

Your hate is blind.

Gustafsson committed actual violence against innocent people; Jones injured a couple of non-innocent passengers and had the potential to hurt actual people

Jones's actions are more easily forgivable.

I have no hate for Jones at all, he's one of my favorite fighters. Driving a big heavy piece of metal down the street with no control because you wanted to have a night of fun is a fucked up thing to do. Forgive me if I don't understand that sort of selfish mentality that puts tons of innocent lives at risk.

Trying to tell me I'm wrong when it really comes down to opinion is pretty funny actually.

Can you put something in the OP asking people for a source on Gus hitting a girl.

Its often spoken about but has never been proven.

Gus is a fucking Viking...

Need I say more?

I have no hate for Jones at all, he's one of my favorite fighters. Driving a big heavy piece of metal down the street with no control because you wanted to have a night of fun is a fucked up thing to do. Forgive me if I don't understand that sort of selfish mentality that puts tons of innocent lives at risk.

Trying to tell me I'm wrong when it really comes down to opinion is pretty funny actually.

Answer this question: did Jon Jones actually hurt innocent people or did he commit an action that could have potentially hurt them?

Now answer the same for Gustafsson.

Any attempt at "this could have been deadly" is silliness. Pretty much anything can be deadly, so that's a moot point. Pushing someone can be deadly, just as driving a car drunk can. It's a wash. What is more relevant is what actually happened, not what could have.

How do you not see that? Once again, answer the two questions above and that should make it quite clear whose actions were worse.

Should Chael (convicted Felon) Sonnen get a mention?

Can you really compare trying to cheat the greedy government out of a few shekels to drunk driving or hitting innocent people? God I hope not.

Both were bad at the time, but both are also forgiveable, people make mistakes

with that said, I'd say Jones' was more reckless, people could actually die from drunk driving, but I feel Gus's was more malicious

I don't care either way though, I want to see them fight, that's all, I'm not hear for stories

Answer this question: did Jon Jones actually hurt innocent people or did he commit an action that could have potentially hurt them?

Now answer the same for Gustafsson.

Any attempt at "this could have been deadly" is silliness. Pretty much anything can be deadly, so that's a moot point. Pushing someone can be deadly, just as driving a car drunk can. It's a wash. What is more relevant is what actually happened, not what could have.

How do you not see that? Once again, answer the two questions above and that should make it quite clear whose actions were worse.

When did Gus hurt innocent people? I know he's been charged with assault but is it proven he's just attacked people completely unprovoked? Do you know the details of the altercations enough to say Gus was completely guilty?

If I can see proof Gus attacked innocent people for no reason and beat up a girl I might change my mind.

Can you really compare trying to cheat the greedy government out of a few shekels to drunk driving or hitting innocent people? God I hope not.

He is the one convicted of the most serious crime.

Its kinda funny how everyone hates a welfare cheat, but a tax dodger is doing gods work and sticking it to the man.

To me stealing from tax payers is stealing from tax payers.

Doesn't really affect me in any way what they did outside the cage. I like watching them fight. That is all.

Depends on the severity of the punch and whether that story's accurate. Jones could've killed a pedestrian. As it stands, they're equally unforgivable.

Gus was very bad, but Jones is inexcusable. He could have killed someone.

I hope both of these guys never pull anything like this again.

Jones is not nearly as bad as Gus

i dare you to tell me you haven't ever drunk driven before

if you haven't you're a liar

He is the one convicted of the most serious crime.

Its kinda funny how everyone hates a welfare cheat, but a tax dodger is doing gods work and sticking it to the man.

To me stealing from tax payers is stealing from tax payers.

He was trying to get a kickback for his potential buyers, and you're comparing this to physically assaulting multiple people and possibly killing someone with a vehicle? The Chael hate is strong in this one.

Gus's crime is worse. He actually assaulted someone with the intent to do so. Jones was out partying, thought he was fine and drove without assessing the consequences. Yes, it's bad but guess what, my noble Sherdog moralists, it happens and I have a feeling that most of you have done it at least once. I guess my distinction is that what Jones did was knuckleheaded behavior and what Gus did is thuggish behavior. From a mens rea standpoint, I can forgive a knucklehead. I can forgive a thug too but it'll take more convincing.

Back