Who's the smartest person you know (that isn't yourself)?

Two friends from college that are uniquely talented thinkers. One is more like me, a philosophical mind, and he's a lawyer at a high caliber firm and his dad is a congressman. The other is an investment banker and he's already Vice President at 29 years old at a top firm - guy had all his classes for all of undergrad picked out before the first day started, had his clothes organized for each day for the week ahead, etc. Serious genius and amazing organizational ability.

A guy I play tennis with. Graduated from a top 10 school in the US in Finance with 3 years. He then got on with a consulting company who paid 100% for his masters at USC. Within 5 years, he made a substantial amount off of investments and hasn’t worked a traditional job in over 10years.

I'm surrounded by physicists, so it's a pick em.
It's a common misconception that sciencey types are smart, they're actually sub-coal miner intellect.
You don't need to be smart to understand physics, it's just words, numbers, and concepts plus lots of diagrams and looking all smart with a pocket protector and glasses with a slide rule out the ass, saying glayving and such

My wife is fucking brilliant. I scored 144 on an IQ test given to me by my psychiatrist & my neurologist as part of a study on adult ADD that I took part in back in 2015 so I'm a fairly intelligent guy by most standards. But, Jana blows me away. She's exceptionally bright & not only is she a medical savant but she has an eidetic memory as well.
She was a physical therapist specializing in sports medicine in her early 20's when she used to work for Dr. Bill Kessler, The OC Fight Doc in Irvine, CA & worked with a large part of the UFC, Strikeforce & Bellator roster all while she was still in school for her true calling which is working as a counselor for individuals with eating disorders. Which is what she does now. She's also a board-certified dietician.
I've always prided myself on my own intellect & education but they fall well short of my wife's.

It's a common misconception that sciencey types are smart, they're actually sub-coal miner intellect.
You don't need to be smart to understand physics, it's just words, numbers, and concepts plus lots of diagrams and looking all smart with a pocket protector and glasses with a slide rule out the ass, saying glayving and such

Not really.

My wife is fucking brilliant. I scored 144 on an IQ test given to me by my psychiatrist & my neurologist as part of a study on adult ADD that I took part in back in 2015 so I'm a fairly intelligent guy by most standards. But, Jana blows me away. She's exceptionally bright & not only is she a medical savant but she has an eidetic memory as well.
She was a physical therapist specializing in sports medicine in her early 20's when she used to work for Dr. Bill Kessler, The OC Fight Doc in Irvine, CA & worked with a large part of the UFC, Strikeforce & Bellator roster all while she was still in school for her true calling which is working as a counselor for individuals with eating disorders. Which is what she does now. She's also a board-certified dietician.
I've always prided myself on my own intellect & education but they fall well short of my wife's.
her breasts are impressive as well.<{ohyeah}>

is that 144 iq before or after your boxing career?

Do you know how to solve in integral equation by minimizing a functional by intuition?

No... But there's probably someone who does.

I am a genius though, there are things I know that would blow your hair back. Ask me anything!

No... But there's probably someone who does.

I am a genius though, there are things I know that would blow your hair back. Ask me anything!

If a car is at rest and the engine applies a acceleration for 4 seconds and it travels 100 feet, how much further would it travel in the next 4 seconds?

Softball for you...

If a car is at rest and the engine applies a acceleration for 4 seconds and it travels 100 feet, how much further would it travel in the next 4 seconds?

Softball for you...

I dunno, 200 feet? Engineering stuff isn't really my thing...

My cousin is the smartest guy I ever met. He is really good at UNO and always beats me. He's 22 years younger than me too

Nope.

I'm waiting to be amazed. What should I ask then?

I'll give you one big thing: I know that our entire universe is predetermined, and that there are numerical patterns you can decipher to predict the future. I also know that the universe all revolves around me in some strange way. I can even come very close to proving this! Imagine how different we would all look at the world if that were the case

I'll give you one big thing: I know that our entire universe is predetermined, and that there are numerical patterns you can decipher to predict the future. I also know that the universe all revolves around me in some strange way. I can even come very close to proving this! Imagine how different we would all look at the world if that were the case

Hair is not blown back...

I'm pretty smart.

But my best friend is really smart. The kind of guy who can tell you what color shirt you were wearing when you said *quotes you exactly* to that one chick he remembers the name of, twenty years ago in another city you were both visiting on vacation.
He's an entomologist, but is broadly educated regarding the sciences, especially physics. The sky is indeed blue, but he could argue you successfully into having to agree that it's green. But he's not a genius.

My neurologist definitely is, he's younger than both of us by twenty years but he's the smartest person I've ever met, just intimidatingly smart. <seedat>
He knows not just a little about everything, he knows enough to present a solid lecture about everything.
And he doesn't even lift. But holy shit, talk to the guy for five minutes and you'd see what I mean, he's genius level without trying.

What you got?

1. REMEMBERING rather than knowing the color of a shirt has nothing to do with being smart.

2. If a guy like your neurologist makes you, and other people, feel like he's a really smart, almost a genius, he could be kindda annoying. I mean, the "coolness" of being smart is being REALLY "HUMBLE", not cocky. By the way, don't know him but for sure he doesn't know even close to everything.

Btw, i got a cousin, born and raised in Perú, that has PhD in Physics from Princeton. He's really smart. Like the kind of guy that goes to a well known, millionaire CEO from a big corporation meeting wearing bermudas.

Last edited:
Back