Who's the physically strongest MW in UFC?

I guess you heard it from Joe Rogan or maybe some shertard but a guy who fights at WW almost half of his career, in his 20s, 30s and 40s never missing weight....is not a "huge MW". If he was a huge MW, he would not be able to do so

Okami fought the way bigger Rich Franklin in '07 as a lanky 6'2" who barely cut weight for 185:

full

Thats not a big MW by any means. He is slender but noticeably thin and narrow compared to truly big MWs as Costa or Rockhold, let alone Poatan.

- Okami weighted-in at soft 200lbs with clothes on for a week-notice bout vs OSP at LHW. Thats very light for a MW who isnt even preparing for a fight.

Here in his late 30s vs Dhiego Lima at 170 in UFC

full

A below average sized MW by today standards.
A tiny MW by Poatan's standards.
You think I'm really reading that essay? Like, there's only 2 pictures. LOL. Kids these days

We all know he was huge, no point. Even Poatan wasn't as big at 185 because Din Thomas (the voice of the UFC) banned IVs. I bet you didn't even know who that is. Casual

You think I'm really reading that essay? Like, there's only 2 pictures. LOL. Kids these days

We all know he was huge, no point. Even Poatan wasn't as big at 185 because Din Thomas (the voice of the UFC) banned IVs. I bet you didn't even know who that is. Casual

Speaking like a textbook shertard.

Okami was never a big MW doesnt matter what you heard from sherbros and Joe Rogan.

Okami competed at WW for half of his career never missing weight. In his early 20s and his late 30s. A huge MW cant do that. Period. Shertard.

In his prime as a MW never weighted more than 200lbs in fight night
Its not a matter of opinion. Educate yourself instead of parroting memes. Or get another hobby

nah, if romero was smart, he would have just taken him to the ground, "easily", and if romero's cardio was on point, that would have become very interesting. shit, chael sonnen took him down, and landed hundreds of punches on him. imagine if those were strikes from romero? anderson would have been ko'd for sure.
You make it seem like Chael didn't have great mma wrestling. I dare say his wrestling transitioned way better than Romeros.

You make it seem like Chael didn't have great mma wrestling. I dare say his wrestling transitioned way better than Romeros.

fair enough. what i am saying, is if romero had even one takedown, and landed a few punches, they would have had a lot more of an impact than those of chael p. sonnen lol.

No he wouldn't. He might very well beat both but I cant see him stronger than either of them.

Khamzat's body is built to throw 200+lb men around like ragdolls. Similar to Khabib, every muscle in Khmazat's body works together fluidly to lift and slam his opponents. khamzat is.p4p the strongest man in the UFC right now. Many are fooled by how lean he looks.

nah, if romero was smart, he would have just taken him to the ground, "easily", and if romero's cardio was on point, that would have become very interesting. shit, chael sonnen took him down, and landed hundreds of punches on him. imagine if those were strikes from romero? anderson would have been ko'd for sure.
Yoel is good at taking guys down but can’t keep them down and isn’t effective while on top. Anderson would get up with ease

looking at the winners of strongman competitions, I think the strongest MW fighter would be an endomorph or mesomorph of European ethnicity, maybe Petroski...

wpUaRmZ.png

Last edited:
fair enough. what i am saying, is if romero had even one takedown, and landed a few punches, they would have had a lot more of an impact than those of chael p. sonnen lol.
Good point

Back