Who's the biggest female draw in UFC currently?

Holly Holm for some reason.
Nunes for the semi-knowledgable.

Nunes is. She's a fckin beats and fights like a bloke. Probably 1 of my top 5 current favourite fighters

I've got news for you, the world didn't look up to Ronda, she might have been a superstar in murica, and know by mma fans around the world, but everyone else outside that bubble did have a fuckin clue who she was.{<RR}

What are you talking about? Ronda Rousey is a household name. She has 12 million followers. She headlined Wrestlemania and is a bunch of movies

Nunes is the closest thing to a draw in WMMA at the moment. The problem is there aren't any challengers to create a buzz about. Her drawing power isn't close to Ronda's though.
Not close to Ronda's? lol
Ronda was a MMA transcending superstar. Amanda isn't even a star within the MMA-bubble - she should be, considering her wins, but she isn't.

UFC was so dumb to let Cyborg go after she lost to Nunes. They should have done everything in their power to make that rematch happen.

Used to be Gina for obvious reasons...
<NewGina>

Then it was Ronda... for other reasons...
{<RR}

Now it's Weili... because China has a shit ton of people. Also, because violence. :D

SmartInconsequentialIndianhare-size_restricted.gif

Holly Holm, next postions are questionable.Amanda Nunes is not draw, I understand people like to form opinion here without even checking simple facts, but her last YT interview was watched by 560k people, it's tragic for "double champ" and person who retired 3 top female draws from UFC. Holm's last interview was 810 k, but let's be honest she was on McGregor's card.

Zhang won't be star even if she gonna beat whole top 5 in strawweight division in one night. She will be favourite in next fight and even if she gonna finish Jedrzejczyk in 1st round, it won't work like for example for Namajunas, there's no aura, it's very simple observation. And even Namajunas didn't hit mainstream or something like that, and she is American fighter, so it won't happen here. Jedrzejczyk is in Holm situation, no matter what will happen she will have some followers and they won't transfer magically to fighters who will eventually beat her (just like with GDR, Nunes vs Holm, or even Cyborg).

Talking about chinese mma market is bs, mma is pretty much unknown sport there, and kungu masters flooding streets on Beijing is just some silly imagination of some westerners.

I doubt fans are into bulky shemales takin down or koin more feminine female fighters. I said it many times, long time ago: there's similarity between woman's tennis and wmma, there's same evolution. Discipline is promoted by technical ladies, and then,when money is in sport, females with a lot of base strength (or just using a lot of PED,s just like Cyborg) starting to dominate, because, strength is huge advantage in woman's sport and it's way bigger advantage than technique. That's why wmma is in era of "technical brawlers" and it won't evolve into something better to watch.

The best way to gage this is by the amount of instagram followers they have.

I think Holly Holm is still the biggest female draw currently.

That's why the UFC gives her a lot of title shots or put her as main or co-main event.

Her last fight was boring af and her UFC octagon interview got almost 1M of views while Nunes's octagon interview (who was a title fight) got only 500K views

Also I think Shevchenko, Namajunas or Zhang have the potential to become a female draw maybe at Holm's level.

I think Holly Holm is still the biggest female draw currently.

That's why the UFC gives her a lot of title shots or put her as main or co-main event.

Her last fight was boring af and her UFC octagon interview got almost 1M of views while Nunes's octagon interview (who was a title fight) got only 500K views

Also I think Shevchenko, Namajunas or Zhang have the potential to become a female draw maybe at Holm's level.

Not really, because you have to beat megastar way Holly did it, to be next Holly Holm, and there's no more megastars in wmma and there won't be anytime soon. Namajunas was close to it, but Joanna was nowhere near popularity and stardom of Ronda and Namajunas is not really into doing media.
You have to work a lot inside and outside gym to get this status, otherwise you will stay as popular as DJ, even with 10 title defences.

Holly Holm unfortunately. She's a draw but her fighting style in the past couple years has been a snoozefest. I think Rose has the potential to become a huge star but she's so inactive.

Who's the biggest female draw in UFC currently?

After Ronda, I don't see any female that the world is looking up to. Amanda Nunes is not that much marketable and UFC doesn't promote her much. Cris Cyborg, despite the long time domination and GOAT, was not as big draw as Ronda, especially now she has joined Bellator.

I think Joanna Jedrzejczyk could have been one of the biggest draws if she had kept winning. I also think Weili Zhang has potential because of her huge fan following in China since China has the largest population.

Any other female fighters you know?
Ronda is a pretty high bar, there only a handful of men today as popular as her prime.

Maybe not right at this moment but Maycee is well on her way to claiming the throne. She's going to go all the way and become one of the biggest female MMA athletes that there has ever been. We saw what she was capable of with a torn acl so I can only imagine how much better she's going to get being so young
Hahahahahahah fucking awesome

Holm, Rose and PVZ probably.

I think they think Cynthia Calvillo is a draw too.
That’s one I never could figure out. How the heck did they decide Calvillo was one of the fighters they would get behind?

Back