Who's the best American MMA Practitioner?

FoghornLeghorn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There's the top 3 MMA GOAT's; Fedor, GSP and Anderson Silva. These three are the most-talked of when it comes to the GOAT discussion, and none of the three are from America. Fedor the Russian, GSP the Canadian, Silva the Brazilian. I'm therefore curious, who is the best MMA practitioner to hail from the states?

I'd have to say Jon Jones and it's not even close. Hate the guy, hate him since he beat Shogun, but you can't deny his greatness. Hendo is close, career-wise. Any other notables I'm missing here?

Honorable nods to Tito and Chuck, but they went out on their shields and their legacy is tarnished for that.

Cain if he wasn

i agree about jones. like him or not, jones is definitely a ufc hall of famer once his fighting career is over.

i agree about jones. like him or not, jones is definitely a ufc hall of famer once his fighting career is over.

You make it sounds like it is worth something to be in that group

Chris Weidman or Daniel Cormier (I think Cormier beats Jones if/when they fight)

You make it sounds like it is worth something to be in that group

to you, it's not obviously. so, why would you make the same conclusion that it applies to an mma fighter?

Jon Jones and it's not even close.

Chris Weidman could become great but he's not yet at Jones' level

Career wise:

1.) Jones
2.) Hendo

Daniel Cormier, Cain Velasquez and Weidman have potential if they have long careers.

Honorable mentions: Hughes and BJ

Last edited:
Not a single nod to Hughes? Or BJ? They should at least be discussed.

kind of a trick question. best practitioner, or best career? actual practitioner could be a number of people. obviously jones is the hot name at the moment, so most will go with him. im always confused as to what citizenship cain actually claims, so that one is a little shady. bj is a pretty good "practitioner". dj, faber, cruz come to mind as well.

it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but to assume and suggest it isn't "worth" anything to be inducted into the ufc hall of fame is foolish. mma legends like royce gracie and chuck liddell certainly don't share your opinion.

Those two are a given. I mentioned two that really should not be there and two that really should be but are not there.

It it obviously just a political picking.

Back