Who's the best American MMA Practitioner?

Jones' career/legacy is light years ahead of Cain.

This. Jon, easily. LMAO at the guy who said Weidman or DC.....This is all subject to change over time, when their careers are over, but as of now, Jon's far ahead of anyone else.

Randy
Frankie
BJ
Chuck
Dan
Faber
Weidman
DC
Mendes (when all is said and done)

Jon/cain, and its much closer than youd think, Jones is a big lhw beating mostly far smaller men, cain is beating men at least his size and most are bigger. Id give the edge to jones for the title run, but cain could eclipse it. And hughes deserves way more consideration than hes getting

Some important names I wanted to touch on since they've been mentioned;

Hughes; Good answer. Long dominant career, only lost to one of the GOAT's near the end of his run. Definitely up there, but I feel bones has trumped his run at this point. I'd put him above hendo or right at par with him, as I really feel Hendo has gotten by on "luck" more than any other one thing throughout his career. Not to say Hendo's career isn't amazing, every fighter gets lucky and it's a huge part of every fight. But he seems to have squeaked by on more occasions than most.

Randy is a good mention, one of 2 men to hold titles in 2 divisions, never really incredibly dominant however, I never felt he was invincible the way GSP, Silva, Fedor and Bones felt invincible.

BJ Penn I considered, but similar to Tito/Chuck he's just run his name through the mud with his half-hearted run at WW after his UFC return.

From the view point of an all around MMA practitioner then you have to pick Jon Jones. He is solid in almost every aspect of the game.

He can grapple, he can wrestle, his striking is very good and he has submissions!

Back